Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> GAAAAHHH...any input on confirming possible leaking head to cylinder, cruises nice but sounds like leak under load/rough idle
orange914
post Jun 27 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #1

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

heres the skinny, we just got the new 2056 installed at a local shop. it fired right up, good fuel & oil pressure, real responsive. it idles abit rough with an occasional pop thru throttle body at idle. shop owner took it for a ride and said it felt like it was a head gasket leaking. cruised good but under a load it pop,pop,popped. when we built it we checked the registers...flat. we lapped cylinders to head... check. we torqued heads... click. can possible overtorqueing create leak?

it's d-jet with a modified mps to match the engine. i'm abit frustated as it was kinda the red headed step child sitting in the corner. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) i know there will need to have further work to clean up hose routing. i also know the aux. valve is NOT plumbed in yet (only issue i KNOW of). could that cause the above "possible head gasket leak sound/feel" i think everything else is plumbed good. it almost acts like a vacuum leak, or crossed plug wires, they swear there are no intake vacuum ports open and they re-checked the firing order. any thoughts on a stuck injector or maybe an intake valve may be too tight. the occasional pop thru the intake at idle makes me think it could be one of those (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) . maybe an intake is too tight (chromoly set at 0 backlash as jake says). the valves were re-set after 20 min. break in running 30 wht. brad penn break in oil then changed to b.p. 20x50

i guess the next step is confirm wire order, get aux. valve hooked in, run a compression test. then take to a shop with a sniffer.

after a year build and many challenges my poor son kenny is burnt out. i keep telling him he's almost there. oh yeah it does have a few minor push rod tube leaks, are there different size tubes (at the o-ring?) i know from many post the o-rings getting cut seems very common.

mike

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 02:05 AM