Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WCR 2008, Pictures
PeeGreen 914
post Jul 16 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #221

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 16 2008, 10:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 16 2008, 04:30 PM) *

Monterey is beautiful. Plus the drive to Carmel..sp?. Works for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

You gettin' a new car? Eric just called and said yours was still available. I'm sending a money order in the morning!

I can't wait - I need a good track/driver dual purpose car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t1.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Cool, we just need to make shipping arrangements now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
P.Rocket
post Jul 17 2008, 01:40 AM
Post #222

Member No.: 8,822
Region Association: None

QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 16 2008, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 16 2008, 09:17 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Top 360 Reasons to go to WCR in Monterey:

Reason #360: The coastline! The Aquarium! The Marina Autocross site! The local seafood! I vote for Monterey! One of my favorite places in the world!

Ummmmmmmmm........SoCal peeps who complained about how far away Seattle was for WCR2008...............here is your chance to step up to the plate and organize in your neighborhood............... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Jim

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Yaa, you better organize 2009 in Cal., you never know if 2010 may happen in the great white north.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 17 2008, 09:34 AM
Post #223

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(P.Rocket @ Jul 17 2008, 12:40 AM) *

QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 16 2008, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 16 2008, 09:17 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Top 360 Reasons to go to WCR in Monterey:

Reason #360: The coastline! The Aquarium! The Marina Autocross site! The local seafood! I vote for Monterey! One of my favorite places in the world!

Ummmmmmmmm........SoCal peeps who complained about how far away Seattle was for WCR2008...............here is your chance to step up to the plate and organize in your neighborhood............... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Jim

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Yaa, you better organize 2009 in Cal., you never know if 2010 may happen in the great white north.

Or not... hoser. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
greenie
post Jul 17 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #224

Member No.: 3,013

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 16 2008, 05:55 PM) *

Sorry about all the trouble. If it makes any difference the WCR was a complete bust. Nobody enjoyed themselves at all. The ride to Ranier was long and boring and I'm told the ferry almost sank and scared the hell out of everyone. The food was lousy and so was the hotel. Half the group was arrested for drunk and disorderly one of the guys was arrested for swimming naked in the pool. The Issawhatsit police were giving out nasty looks to everyone. One of us was even given a speeding ticket (a story that has yet to be finished) immediately upon entering the state of Washington. I myself was forced to drive through the Mt. Hood National Forest!! Nothing but curvy roads, huge pine trees, blue sky, and SNOW. I had to deal with snow in July!! Can you imagine? It was horrible. Because of the fires in California, I was forced to drive up the coastline of California and Oregon, adding literally hours to my trip up there. Nothing to look at but more big green trees and ocean. What a bore! Why your problems PALE in comparison to what we had to indure on the WCR. Count your blessings you weren't there.
Elliot

Snagged this from another thread. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

How come no mention of Sir Andys food posioning? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jul 17 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #225

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 17 2008, 11:38 AM) *

Sorry about all the trouble. If it makes any difference the WCR was a complete bust. Nobody enjoyed themselves at all. The ride to Ranier was long and boring and I'm told the ferry almost sank and scared the hell out of everyone. The food was lousy and so was the hotel. Half the group was arrested for drunk and disorderly one of the guys was arrested for swimming naked in the pool. The Issawhatsit police were giving out nasty looks to everyone. One of us was even given a speeding ticket (a story that has yet to be finished) immediately upon entering the state of Washington. I myself was forced to drive through the Mt. Hood National Forest!! Nothing but curvy roads, huge pine trees, blue sky, and SNOW. I had to deal with snow in July!! Can you imagine? It was horrible. Because of the fires in California, I was forced to drive up the coastline of California and Oregon, adding literally hours to my trip up there. Nothing to look at but more big green trees and ocean. What a bore! Why your problems PALE in comparison to what we had to indure on the WCR. Count your blessings you weren't there.
Elliot

How come no mention of Sir Andys food posioning? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)

Andy always looks that way. I figured he was fine. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jul 17 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #226

914 Guru

I got home late tuesday night. Put just over 2000 miles on the Zonker. Goofed off all day yesterday and finally got around to re-sizing some pics today.

"Hey mister, your car is leeking water"!!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jul 17 2008, 04:17 PM
Post #227

914 Guru

V 8 POWER VROOOM VROOOM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jul 17 2008, 04:18 PM
Post #228

914 Guru

VERY nicely done Buick V6.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jul 17 2008, 04:20 PM
Post #229

914 Guru

Pills to bring up the blood suger level.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jul 17 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #230

914 Guru

Sir Andy consulting with his navigator, driving adviser and I'm told sometime girlfriend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jul 17 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #231

914 Guru

Grasshopper. "OK I'm ready, c'mon, let's go, c'mon, c'mon, I'm ready to go"!!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jul 17 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #232

914 Guru

Snow! In July! What? Are you shitin me?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jul 17 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #233

914 Guru

Fantastic view of the valley.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 17 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #234

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 17 2008, 11:38 AM) *

Elliot

I had to admit that when I heard just how bad WCR was this year, that pile of toasted appliances and electronic devices by my basement door suddenly looked small and insignificant. I felt selfish for bringing it up. I have to thank Elliot for bringing perspective to my point of view. I feel so sorry for those of you who had to go. Perhaps an online support group? It helps when you know others have suffered as you have. I watched Andy's video and I have to admit once you have seen a tree you pretty much have it down... The ocean? It's all wet.
I can hear it now... "hi, umm a... my name is Curt and I went to WCR in Seattle." Hi Curt! "I thought it would be fun but there wasn't any of the famous Northwest rain showers." Oh Curt, we hear you! "At last years WCR someone almost got arrested and they got kicked out of the hotel, This year all we could manage was a speeding ticket." Sounds boring Curt! "I love you guys. I feel so much better now that I have shared." We care Curt! We have been there too! Group Hug!!!
+Quote Post
grasshopperSR
post Jul 17 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #235

Member No.: 5,994

Great time! Where else can you go and someone hands you the keys to his 6 cylinder and says "have fun"? Thanks Jon and thanks to "those guys" that arranged it. I took two days of hell getting back to GA. We spent Sunday night in O'hare and finally ended up in Greenville SC and got a rental car. The glamour of aviation! Now GrasshopperJr can get back to his love life.
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jul 17 2008, 10:51 PM
Post #236

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

It was my pleasure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) I hope my car was all you could ask for (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) .
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 06:10 PM