Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My car wont start, It ran when i bought it but won't start
turnaround89
post Aug 20 2008, 10:26 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,067
Region Association: Upper MidWest

What is the brand of pump that i need to get from autozone, so i can get the correct one? Will it fit right with the electrical connections or do i have to modify those?

Last question, does anyone move their fuel pump to the front of the car?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tdgray
post Aug 21 2008, 08:46 AM
Post #22

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Member No.: 984
Region Association: None

Doesn't matter as this is an aftermarket setup. Just ask for a generic electric fuel pump. I have one on my MGA was about 40 bucks back in the day.
+Quote Post
turnaround89
post Aug 21 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #23

Thanks so much, i will try to get the fuel pump tomorrow and try to install it as well. thanks everybody. Hopefully the car will be back on the road this weekend, and i can drive it to work!!!!
+Quote Post
ChopNotch
post Aug 21 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 8,599

I believe mine was a Mr Gasket brand. Similar to the Facet pump some of the 914 vendors sell. On my '74 the pump was mounted in the front. I did run the hot wire for the pump to a "key on" power source in the fuse block under the dash. Not sure about yours but it's just a hot wire and a ground which can be put anywhere on the metal body. I just ran new connections because I didn't want to cut up the original wires.
+Quote Post
PBritain
post Aug 21 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 6,293

personally i had terrible luck with the autozone and pep boys pumps, i went through 4 in 6 months (3 of those in 1 hour)

but they have a warranty so give it a shot.
+Quote Post
turnaround89
post Aug 28 2008, 02:00 AM
Post #26

I actually didn't even need to use the autozone pump, i am gonna keep it and put in on my baja bug. The old pump worked out fine, the wires somehow were fried and couldn't carry any electricity. So i ran the old fuel pump on its on circuit to where i runs off its own switch that will turn it on and off, with an inline fuse. It worked perfectly, the car fired right up after the system had fuel in it again. Thanks for the help everybody, now its time to attack the rust in my car, new floor pans, battery tray, and jack plates. Nothing that isn't fixable, just takes a little time, i can't wait to start welding up and making the car almost new again.

Oh yea, after i replaced the wires to the fuel pump, the ignition coil, spark plug wires, and spark plugs the engine runs so much smoother then it used too, it sounds great and idles perfectly!!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:14 PM