Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> seals and gaskets, don't want any leaks
nycchef
post Aug 24 2008, 10:36 AM
Post #1

mechanical moron

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,202
Region Association: None

i am getting ready to put a plug and play (i hope) 2.0 into my car. i would like to know what seals and gaskets i should change . i am going to put in new valve cover gaskets. mainfold, and both push rod seals. also exhaust gaskets. what else should i do? should i change the seal on the oil cooler? this engine had leaks but i don't know from where. also i am missing a couple of exhaust head studs. are they still available new? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SGB
post Aug 24 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #2

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

Those exhaust studs are my undoing. I'm constantly dropping those things it seems. You will need to pull the exhaust and put in a helicoil or step stud. I can't do that well (they pull back out), so I get a local VW guru to do it.

As far oil leaks, when I changed my oil cooler seals, it leaked like crazy- and had not before. Try to determine if those are leaking before you try to replace 'em. That job is a bitch anyway, and I've done it twice now. The oil temp sender on top of the motor often leaks through the body of the sender. Is the engine in the car? If it is out, I would definitely do the cooler seals and temp sender too.
+Quote Post
angerosa
post Aug 24 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,023
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Transmission seal, front and rear main seals. Yes do oil cooler. They're not even that easy with the engine out.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 07:52 AM