Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914-6 carb question
carcam
post Sep 5 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,334
Region Association: South East States

Long time Porsche owner new to 914's except a college car (1.7 L) in the late 70's. Just picked up a nice 914-6, complete restoration about 10 years ago and I love it. The engine is basically stock, bumped to 2.2 L with a Solex grind cam, nothing else. On a recent local Porsche club event, the guys behind me couldn't take the strong gas fumes and my clothes do smell like gas after a long run and it sucks down the gas- haven't checked the mileage but it's no Prius. Obviously running too rich or something. I don't want to jump into these Webers myself and the car runs, starts, and idles perfectly. Strong mid range and awesome above 4,000 rpm. The previous owner says it's dialed in and all the old carburated cars are like this and that's why everything now has fuel injection. I don't have any local Weber experts and the techs I've talked too are reluctant to mess with such a good running car. Any advice? Change of clothes, add AC and roll up the windows, switch to fuel injection or turn a couple screws and problem solved. I know this is a very technical forum and something most of you could fix over a beer or two but this is all new to me. Thanks for any advice.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:03 PM