Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel pump physics, Push/pull/suck/pump?
lmcchesney
post Feb 3 2004, 06:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,381
Region Association: None

My little fuel pump(72) has been working for six years without a problem. Now that I am rebuilding the car and looked at the fuel hose diagram with fuel flows as per PP and DD, I must admit. I have not the foggest how this little pump works.
Fuel tank supply feeds a "Y" connector with the "R" port on the pump and the fuel line feeding the engine compartment. I do not see a valve in the "Y" connector.
Fuel returns from the engine compartment to enter the "S" port. Then the "D"port returns the fuel to the tank.
If the roller pump works by pushing fuel out the "R" port, why would the fuel not flow to the engine compartment and back to the tank via the supply line?
I have done a search and reviewed the classic section without finidng the answers.
What mechanism is being used?

Thanks,
L. McChesney
lamcchesney@netzero.net
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:24 AM