Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Thinking of a V8---PART II, Ok, so whats the best route if.......
ninefourteener
post Feb 4 2004, 03:26 PM
Post #1

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

I was reading the post on the "Thinking of a V8" topic.... and although the thought sounds great, I can't justify spending that kind of cash on all the upgrades required.

Nor can I justify discarding a brand new (under 10K miles) on my 2.0, with over $5k in reciepts on the buildup. I feel confident that my engine runs well into the 110-120hp range

HOWEVER.... the thought of upgrading to a MUCH more powerful motor is a cool idea. When I say "much", I mean up above the 225hp range.

So.. are there options? Can I buy a 2.0 with that kind of power? If so, where? Is there another engine that will bolt right in without major modifications?

Forgive my ignorance.... but before teeners, I did 70's GM stuff..... if you want a bigger engine, you buy one, bolt it in, and you're done. Supercharger? Bolt it on...... Nitrous?? Bolt it on.

So..... help me out here..... Lets assume I wanna go a lot faster, but I'm not looking to add radiators, modify transmissions, driveshafts, suspension, etc.

What does a guy do?? I'm curious to hear some responses on this.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ninefourteener   Thinking of a V8---PART II   Feb 4 2004, 03:26 PM
seanery   220 hp? bolt in? 1. -6 2. big jake-type motor   Feb 4 2004, 03:35 PM
RocknRollFrenzy   seems to me that if you don't want to add a ra...   Feb 4 2004, 03:36 PM
tat2dphreak   Jake Raby is the guy you want... he can get 200+ f...   Feb 4 2004, 03:38 PM
!   Buy someone else's project.....Malmz has "Sasq...   Feb 4 2004, 03:40 PM
ArtechnikA     Feb 4 2004, 06:41 PM
Tom Perso  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:24 AM