Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Generator Light, school me on normalcy
stepuptotheMike
post Sep 24 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #1

medium pimpin

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,769
Region Association: South East States

So I took the car out this evening to stretch her legs good before the long trek up for ECC2008.

As I was getting back it was after dark and I noticed a faint (very faint) glow from the generator light. Now I had everything running.... Lights, Fogs, Fan, stereo. If I hit the turn signal, I could notice the slightest pulse in the light along with the signal.

Is this normal? Never noticed the G light coming on at all before... but I don't really drive the car at night very much either.

Alternator belt appears to be tight enough. Battery registers 12V at the poles. I've cleaned the ground points on the car several weeks back (both headlights, tranny strap, neg battery terminal).

The car ran really well this evening, so I think it did some good to get a longer trip under it's belt. Just trying to establish normal from abnormal.

Thanks,

Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:06 PM