Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 West Coast Classic 2004 Event Staff
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 9 2004, 11:14 AM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Ok Gang, it looks like this event is going to take off from the initial results of the poll. Regardless of which date is selected, it will take a group effort to make it happen, so if any of you can take ownership for a small part of the event, I would appreciate it. Then following is a short list of known positions that I would like your help with. Email me privately at bowlsby@aol.com if you have any questions before committing. I will count on you to be fully responsible for a task if you volunteer so please only commit of you are reliable. I will come back and edit this first post when you fill the position.

MasterMeister - Jeff Bowlsby 415-652-4518 cell
* Develop / distribute registration materials
* Collect / coordinate registration fees
* Disburse expenses
* Make final accounting for cash flow
* Organize and host 9:14 Breakfast
* Coordinator for our groups attendance at Concours and Swapmeet
* Lodging – post a list of local hotels, attendees can make their own arrangements.
* Coordinate professional photographer for group photo
* MC Farewell BBQ

WebMeister - Jeroen
* Develop / maintain event webpage

ArtMeister - Sean Lee
* Logo for registration materials, webpage, commemorative item…T-shirts, caps, engine grille badges…window decals…for some or all of the above

Promotions and Sponsorship Meister- Steve Stromberg
* Contact all known 914 parts suppliers about the event
* Offer to supply flyers for their customers and orders if they are mail order
* Solicit meaningful parts for giveaways to attendees
* Solicit cash donations to offset our expenses, in exchange for ad space in the event brochure.

Goodie Bags and Giveaways Meister________________
* Collect event brochure, maps, donated items, stuff
* Solicit and collect donated items from P-car places to giveaway at farewell BBQ

QuizMeister - Dave Darling
* Develop and oversee the 914 Tech Quiz
* Grade the quizzes and award the prizes(s) at the 914 BBQ

Twisty Road Tour Meisters – Keith Sammons, Carl Cilker, Kim Knutilla (Need 3 more people minimum).
* Twisty Road Tour 1 – Friday Tour
* Twisty Road Tour 2 – Saturday night Starlight Tour

AutocrossMeisters - Rob Ways, Demick Boyden, Jim Tabor
* Coordinate 914Club Autocross at Candlestick

TrophyMeister - Rick Ollah
* Coordinate and produce event trophies
* Present Trophies at 914 BBQ

Farewell BBQ Meister__________________
* Select and coordinate venue and catered BBQ

Helper Meisters and Fraus
* Frau Meredith Cilker - Sign in at event?
* PhotoMeister Sean Lee, Tom Turtle
* MusicMeister Jon Watts - CDs for goodie bags
* VideoMeister Jon Watts
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 9 2004, 12:13 PM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

cool, i'm checking in. busy today, I'll review and commit to something tonight. Cool
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
seanery
post Feb 9 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #3

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

I'm up for anything in the art/graphics/design area
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 9 2004, 02:11 PM
Post #4

914 Wiring Harnesses

Thanks Sean....your previous work speaks for itself. Glad you can help out.

See the first post in this thread for what we need and keep me informed.

Your artwork is a top priority to get the webpage and hardcopy promo materials done so they can be distributed. The sooner the better. The more time we have to promote this event, the better attended it will be...and mo'fun... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Feb 9 2004, 03:41 PM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

I will do the webstuff...

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Feb 9 2004, 03:43 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Sean,

If you wanna brainstorm on any of the graphic stuff, I'm game

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
seanery
post Feb 9 2004, 04:01 PM
Post #7

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

I'd love to, I liked your license frame idea.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 9 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #8

914 Wiring Harnesses

Thanks Jeroen. How you say ‘You Da Man’, in Dutch? Your talents and contributions to this event are admired and appreciated.

I like the license plate frame idea too. VERY MUCH! what a great idea for the goodie bags...run with it. It would be great to have one on every 914 car. Maybe a special event commorative edition...only available if you attend the event? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Check this link:

http://www.logomall.com/cgi-bin/products.a...act&mat=All&t=y
+Quote Post
steve@ottosvenice.com
post Feb 9 2004, 09:26 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,324

I will handle the Promos and Sponsors.Steve
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 9 2004, 09:57 PM
Post #10

914 Wiring Harnesses

Way cool Steve, I appreciate your effort from the Southland. You are a key person to promote the event from there, and hopefully attract SoCal participants. I am certain we will owe you a great debt. I would like to suggest that someone from NorCal be available and willing to assist you and be the local contact up here if you need the extra hands. I foresee a personal visit / phone call to local parts vendors, wrenches and any other locations where there are 914 owners who need to be at this event.

In fact I need to say that I am extremely pleased at the support for this event and its enthusiasm from around the globe. Thats the effort this event needs to be successful this year and hopefully every year.

Man the internet is greeeaaaaaaaat!

Can we really pull this event off without ever meeting as a group face to face? I have no doubt. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
steve@ottosvenice.com
post Feb 9 2004, 11:23 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,324

Once we confirm the date I can get the ball rolling. Steve
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 9 2004, 11:36 PM
Post #12

Hey nice rack! -Celette

How long is the pole staying up? When can we confirm the date?
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 10 2004, 11:26 PM
Post #13

914 Wiring Harnesses

There are a couple of essential items left to resolve before the final dates for the WCC can be determined. The recent poll shows that it’s a dead heat in terms of preferred dates for the event, and that we should expect to see at least ~50 attendees. Those are very encouraging indications without any real publicity. With adequate promotions, we should easily surpass that. Not everyone can attend on either date selected, but its good to see that either date will work for most.

My recommendation, to maximize the success of the WCC, is for the July 30-August 1 dates, even though I have a personal previous commitment for August 1 already. This gives us 2 additional months to promote, finalize and coordinate over the early June date and I believe more 914s would attend than in June. However, it would be premature to select and publicize the event dates until sometime in mid to late March, after the following:

1. Loma Prieta Region PCA needs to approve our request for their sponsorship of our Autocross for July 31. I have already discussed the event with their AX Co-chair and he is encouraging that their sponsorship will be approved, but its not assured yet. I will attend the next LPR Board meeting on March 4 to make the presentation, 3 weeks from now, anyone else want to come along? Even after March 4, they may need time to make a decision and get the wheels turning. If they don’t approve sponsoring the event, then we will select the June 4-6 dates, so that we can include an AX in the WCC.

2. Very importantly, the current vacancies in our planning team need to be filled in the next few days, and they are essential to making this event happen. Local (SF Bay Area) help is needed primarily because the remaining responsibilities require local attention. I am not able to do it all alone and I will cancel further planning of this event unless I receive some committed help that I can rely on, soon. Several very capable people have already committed to responsibilities and that is very encouraging. There is some top talent on this committee and I for one am very excited. Check the list of opportunities in the first post of the Event Staff thread, to see how you might assist. I edit that list to keep it current.

For the next three weeks we can be doing several things at least preliminarily, to keep up the planning momentum. We can’t let these early days slip by us, they are the most important. If June is ultimately selected, time becomes even more critical. I will generate a milestone calendar for key things to be completed by, and assign responsibilities.

A. I will be in contact with LPR to continue communications and make March 4 go smoothly. I know of possible venues for the 9:14 Breakfast, I just need to make some calls. I will contact the Concours/swap sponsors when the date is finalized. I will generate a preliminary list of hotels for our night in Monterey. I have contacted 2 potential candidates for the committee, and am waiting for their responses. Until they are filled, all listed positions are open. Assistants may also be needed for each subtask, so if you can help even a little bit, please raise your hand…
B. Develop the Artwork / Logos
C. Develop the Webpage, a lot of info is known already, it can be edited as details develop.
D. Develop the registration form and materials, details can be edited.
E. Venues and caterers can be contacted for the Farewell BBQ.
F. Road Tour routes can be researched. Our group will be too large to make a single convoy, 2-3 routes will be needed between San Jose and Monterey, with a minimum of 2 local drivers for each group who will be familiar with the routes.
G. Generate the list of potential sponsors of 914 gifts and $$$. I expect to offer sponsors advertising in the event brochure for their contributions.
H. Develop the event brochure. Something small, but complete and not too elaborate or expensive.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 11 2004, 01:01 AM
Post #14

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Registrar____________________
* Develop / distribute registration materials

If you give me a better discription of the Registrar Job Maybe I can volenteer for that.

Treasurer____________________
* Collect / coordinate registration fees
* Disburse expenses
* Make final accounting for cash flow

Treasurer should have a pay pal account. Should have a link on the web site. How about offering the job to krk Kim? I've talked to him on the phone before. He seems very trustworthy and very computer saavy.

Goodie Bags and Giveaways________________
* Collect event brochure, maps, donated items, stuff
* Solicit and collect donated items from P-car places to giveaway at farewell BBQ

Whoever collects items for the giveaways should hold them until the event to save shipping charges sending stuff across the country. We should have a meeting of the planners the evening of the first day to bring all the stuff together and get it ready for the final event.

Road Tour Leaders – Keith Sammons (Need 3 more people minimum).
* Twisty Road Tour 1 – Friday Tour
* Twisty Road Tour 2 – Saturday night Starlight Tour

Do we need to get a few volenteers off the general membership to help with this? Or do we have enough Lefties with access to the planning thread now? It wouldn't hurt to draft a couple of regulars to help.

Farewell BBQ__________________
* Select and coordinate venue and catered BBQ

Do we want to have a catered event or can we have a group cookout at a public area. If we collected the BBQ fee as part of the event maybe we could purchase food and cook it.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 11 2004, 09:58 AM
Post #15

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Please excuse my ignorance. What is GGR? There is an AX event on our club calender on july 17th. Where is Dublin? Looks like it's by the Bay area. Is this crashable? If we could locate or assemble a couple more events this date may be better for everyone. I think I remember someone saying flights are cheaper mid july. This will move the event back away from Barber Daves but forward from school activities etc. Just a thought someone kick now. dubin map quest
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Feb 11 2004, 10:07 AM
Post #16

914 Guru

QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Feb 11 2004, 04:58 PM)
Please excuse my ignorance. What is GGR?

IIRC - Golden Gate Region (PCA)

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Feb 11 2004, 01:13 PM
Post #17

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

the two areas i didn't see enumerated were catering (might not be an issue with the current activity lineup) and trophies / awards.

the first is important because they may want a deposit unless you're able to find a concern that has worked with a PCA region event before.

the second is important because of the lead times and the cost.

will there be awards for the car show? the Autocorss ? the trophy people is also who you want to work with for dash plaques if you're doing those.

Registrar - ASSIGN CAR NUMBERS upon receipt of entry fee.
Art Work - MAKE CAR NUMBER stickers.

i didn't do this at the 2002 event and i've been kicking myself since. ALL REFERENCE BY CAR NUMBER !

MUSR required full entry fee -per person-. i agree it was appropriate in theor setting. you need to come up with a way to distinguish -people- from -cars-.
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Feb 11 2004, 06:31 PM
Post #18

914 Guru

That's why I'm hoping we can pull off the "rallye shields" (see logo-suggestion thread)
Every entrant would get one on arrival and the assigned number can be used throughout the event and/or parts of the event (AX / Concours / whatever)
They look cool on the car during the event AND make a great piece of memorabilia afterwards (IMHO)

As plaques/throphies, I really like the thick lexan kind of statue which can be engraved
(I'll post an example pic later)
Should be easy/cheap to make and they don't look as cheesy as most throphies (again IMHO)
I'm betting there are a few members that could do them in their shops (who knows, for free or cost of materials)

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Feb 11 2004, 06:40 PM
Post #19

914 Guru

here ya go...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 11 2004, 11:40 PM
Post #20

Hey nice rack! -Celette

I started a new thread for the trophy discussion.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 04:48 AM