Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My Relay Board Seems Naked, Heater Fan Not Running
Trav012000
post Oct 25 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,583
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I figured the word naked would get some more hits. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

Anyway, I've got a link here to a picture of my relay board. Now I've been racking my brain for the past week or so trying to track down the problem that's causing my heater fan not to work (as its going to get cold here in the next week or so). Now if I'm reading diagrams correctly, then my relay board is missing a relay for the heater fan. Take a look and let me know if I'm right. I don't need the relay for the rear window defogger, but how about the other relays, should my car not be running?

I've got a 76 that the previous owner converted to dual webbers. Other parts that are kind of important that currently don't work are horn and fresh air blower. Am I lucky enough to just be missing the relay for all three? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (I've not actively sought to fix them just yet)

http://fultonglass.com/relay.JPG

Thanks for the help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Trav012000
post Oct 25 2008, 04:36 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,583

Thanks.

I'm not needing it for the heat, as much as the defrost.
+Quote Post
Gint
post Oct 25 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #3

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Trav012000 @ Oct 25 2008, 04:36 PM) *

Thanks.

The fan only does any real good at dle speeds. Anything above that and the engine cooling fan starts to overcome anything that the heater blower motor puts out. We just had a thread about this a month or two ago. I know where you're coming from though. It's colder for you in the winter than it is for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) If I could fix mine easily enough I would. Not a real priority for me though. But let us know when you figure it out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
warrenoliver
post Oct 28 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,199

QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 25 2008, 05:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Trav012000 @ Oct 25 2008, 04:36 PM) *

Thanks.

The fan only does any real good at dle speeds. Anything above that and the engine cooling fan starts to overcome anything that the heater blower motor puts out. We just had a thread about this a month or two ago. I know where you're coming from though. It's colder for you in the winter than it is for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) If I could fix mine easily enough I would. Not a real priority for me though. But let us know when you figure it out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I have tried it both ways and I can tell you that the heater blower motor does help (a lot), once the temps get below 20 degrees! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/santa_smiley.gif) Stays pretty damn cold in the 914 when the blower motor doesn't work. When it does work, it gets pretty toasty.

As far as the horn and the fresh air blower, when my ignition switch started to fail, I also lost power to the horn and the blower motor - also to everything else eventually! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Once I replaced the defective ignition switch all kinds of things started working correctly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Warrenoliver
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 11:28 AM