Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> brakes are back!, now it stops
post Feb 11 2004, 09:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 988

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) After listening to everyone's suggestions about how to properly bleed my brakes after replacing the master cylinder, I tried several,

-bench bleed of the MC- I think it worked

-re-bleed the front calipers top bleeders

also, when I disconnected the pressure bleeder (motive systems) I released the pressure really slowly (Im not sure if this makes any difference)

End result: Brakes are back, pedal is very firm, and the fronts and rears are just about balanced...I'll try to get a road test in shortly to be sure, if we get some of the f&(*&n salt off the roads...

Also,

I cleaned up the now paintless floor boards with some POR 15, that stuff is seriously the greatest... I think I'll dip the whole car in it..

anyways,

thanks for the help! I'll look forward to meeting the N-Englanders on the 21st.

-Adam
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
URY914
post Feb 11 2004, 01:45 PM
Post #2

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

Brakes are nice to have. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I also pump the pedal with the bleeders still tight, than open them up and pump slowly to push the air out. Trick is to go slow and work each caliper than come back and do it again.

Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:28 AM