Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What a Difference, Carbs Dailed In
stevesc_us
post Nov 12 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,569

Well after having my 3.2 L motor in my original six since 2002, thinking all this time it was tuned pretty well, I dropped my car off at a master mechanic in the East Bay to have some upgrades done. Turbo tie rods, factory front sway bar installed, ceramic coated my HE's and muffler, converted from tail shifter to side shifter, etc.

Since he has a dyno tester I also had him check to see how well tuned my webers were and also to get a reading on the HP to the rear wheels. In its original state the motor was only putting out 148 HP, which for a 3.2 motor is incredibly weak! It turns out the motor was running very lean thus robbing it of HP and creating higher temps to boot. He played with different jet sizes and eventually was able to re-jet the carbs to create a new reading of 194 HP to the rear wheels, a 31% increase! Converting this number to what is normally quoted to the crank means this motor is now putting out approx. 223 HP.

I haven't had a chance to pick the car up, but can't wait to see and feel the difference in shifting, torque and acceleration. Pictures to follow. He is also going to provide me with a disc of all the computer dyno readings including torque curve, HP, etc. I CAN'T WAIT.

BTW, if anyone in the Bay Area is looking for a great mechanic that really knows these cars, I highly recommend John Holleran at Holleran's Performance in Pinole. He also does complete engine rebuilds and is also an excellent body/metal fabricator. You should stop by and see the factory steel flares he did on six conversion he is building for himself. I believe Horizontally-Opposed knows John quite well and can also vouch for his work.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:13 PM