Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What oil temp Temperature gauge do I trust, Just installed the new Pressure & CHT guages
jc914
post Nov 25 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,548
Region Association: South East States

giving my self a bump
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
southernmost914
post Nov 25 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #62

KEY WEST/HAVANA Tunnel Authority

Member No.: 8,234

QUOTE(jc914 @ Nov 24 2008, 09:48 PM) *

Does any one knows if this really affects the oil cooling. look two posts up.

No it should not effect your oil temperature but will effect altenator temperature. Yes you should replace the boot when you can(rubber boot has shrunk and hardened). Don't sweat it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Steve
+Quote Post
jc914
post Dec 2 2008, 06:09 PM
Post #63

Thanks Steve

I just ordered from egauges the VDO CHT and the VDO Oil Pressure guage with the dual sensor. I also installed a digital thermostat that gives me both the engine bay ambient temperature, and my cabin temperature, and bonus clock. Once i start my install may be this weekend i will post pictures and my result of my CHT temp. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

I have been reading about the VDO CHT and that they are set to 70 degrees ambient temperature. My question is in some posts they say you have to you use the ambient temperature where the gauge is located others say the temperature of the sending wire. which one temp do i use. ??????????????????????
+Quote Post
southernmost914
post Dec 2 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #64

KEY WEST/HAVANA Tunnel Authority

Member No.: 8,234

QUOTE(jc914 @ Dec 2 2008, 07:09 PM) *

Thanks Steve

I just ordered from egauges the VDO CHT and the VDO Oil Pressure guage with the dual sensor. I also installed a digital thermostat that gives me both the engine bay ambient temperature, and my cabin temperature, and bonus clock. Once i start my install may be this weekend i will post pictures and my result of my CHT temp. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

I have been reading about the VDO CHT and that they are set to 70 degrees ambient temperature. My question is in some posts they say you have to you use the ambient temperature where the gauge is located others say the temperature of the sending wire. which one temp do i use. ??????????????????????

My understanding is gauge ambient temp. on the VDO. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) This is why with A/C and plus 90F ambients, I did not use the VDO.
Steve
+Quote Post
jc914
post Dec 2 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #65

Thanks Again Steve. That was also my understanding

Just read the review at this http://www.ratwell.com/technical/VDOGauges.html

the temp to be used is at the junction b/w the sender and the wire going to the gauge. Makes sense
+Quote Post
jc914
post Dec 6 2008, 11:45 AM
Post #66

I got my gauges (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I will install next weekend. I have also decide to replace the oil again b/c after reading some post I realized that the oil I used Castrol GTX high millage is not good. I went to pepboys and got some Royal Purple (from what I have read second best too Brad Penn oil). Next time I do an oil change I am going with Brad Penn.
+Quote Post
jc914
post Dec 14 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #67

I think my install came out Great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) I have not connected the gauges to the senders yet. I am waiting to do a full tune up and then i will connect them. Last week I changed my oil to Royal purple from Castrol high millage gtx and I added to much. My nine year old push rod leak really leaked on me. I got under the car played with the push rod and now it has gone back to its normal leaking......

(IMG:http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w177/JCD404/IMG_3069.jpg)
(IMG:http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w177/JCD404/IMG_3066.jpg)

(IMG:http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w177/JCD404/IMG_3065.jpg)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 04:05 AM