Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> npr/ need advise from those in the know..., the new beatle
SGB
post Dec 1 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #21

just visiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

Just make sure the color is an easy match for the first body work...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Dec 1 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #22

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

QUOTE(SGB @ Dec 1 2008, 05:50 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Avoid the " special " colors they used for a few years, and the color change ( flip flop) ones. I haven't had to do one yet but I have been told they suck to match by the guys at the paint shop we buy from.
+Quote Post
messix
post Dec 1 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #23

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 1 2008, 05:56 PM) *

QUOTE(SGB @ Dec 1 2008, 05:50 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Avoid the " special " colors they used for a few years, and the color change ( flip flop) ones. I haven't had to do one yet but I have been told they suck to match by the guys at the paint shop we buy from.

my sister like the wrap idea that our q-tip wielding friend from Colorado came up with. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
McMark
post Dec 1 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

I don't have any experience with a Beetle, but I love my Rabbit. Powerful, comfortable, and very economical.
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Dec 1 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #25

914 Guru

Member No.: 116

[quote name='messix' date='Dec 1 2008, 07:03 PM' post='1107382']
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 1 2008, 05:56 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[quote name='SGB' post='1107371' date='Dec 1 2008, 05:50 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]
my sister like the wrap idea that our q-tip wielding friend from Colorado came up with. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
[/quote]

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) I would have to imagine the money spent on the wrap, would be recovered years from now on the resale side.

Now if she wanted Brown that's a different story.
Ferg (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
messix
post Dec 1 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #26

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931

[quote name='Ferg' date='Dec 1 2008, 06:57 PM' post='1107410']
[quote name='messix' date='Dec 1 2008, 07:03 PM' post='1107382']
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 1 2008, 05:56 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[quote name='SGB' post='1107371' date='Dec 1 2008, 05:50 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) I would have to imagine the money spent on the wrap, would be recovered years from now on the resale side.

Now if she wanted Brown that's a different story.
Ferg (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
[/quote]
we talked about how it would prolly save the paint from chips and minor scratches and scuffs and that resale would be very much improved over painting pink!

and dad would most likely sneak in a product brand name to get a write off! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post Dec 1 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914
Region Association: Southern California

I agree with the Captn on this one. Stay away from automatics. I went through 5 transmissions on my Jetta VR6 in 120,000 and blew the motor. I maintained per the Mfg. spec's but found out that the oil pick up was too close to the pan. My Passat was a stick and I had 0 problems in 100,000 miles with that car. Go with the Beatle and a stick you should be all set. Go with white as most of the rest of the colors are "tri colors" and body shops will not put in the work to make them correct.
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Dec 1 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #28

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(biggy72 @ Nov 30 2008, 10:45 PM) *

My parents used to have an 03 TDI. The intake carboned up about every 60,000 miles or so and then it had to be pulled off and cleaned out.

Also I know that changing a tail light bulb is a pita... having to pull the inner fender out and then reach shoulder length up under the fender was not fun for something that should be an easy job.

That's NOT how you do it. While it's difficult because the assembly sticks to the fender, it's really about a "3-" on the difficulty chart, mostly because big hands and klutzy hand/eye coordination make for problems getting the nut off the single bolt. The Cap'n.
+Quote Post
biggy72
post Dec 1 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 5,418

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 1 2008, 09:00 PM) *

That's NOT how you do it. While it's difficult because the assembly sticks to the fender, it's really about a "3-" on the difficulty chart, mostly because big hands and klutzy hand/eye coordination make for problems getting the nut off the single bolt. The Cap'n.

Should changing a tail light bulb be a 3??
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 11:51 PM