Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Urgently need Rajay-Crown Turbo information, Help get my 'old school' 914 Turbo back on the road!
914rrr
post Nov 29 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 874
Region Association: South East States

Any Corvair, piston aircraft and/or turbo old schoolers out there?

I have what I believe is a Rajay Turbo with Crown components on it. The turbo was part of a Crown turbo kit that was installed in '74 on my '73 914 2.0. The intake on the compressor side looks like a 3 bolt Corvair. My understanding is this turbo was the same (or similar to) the Crown update kits used on turbo Corvairs.

I really need some info on Rajay and/or Crown flow sizes on the compressor side and the turbine side (B,E,F - flow?), AR #'s, parts sources, part numbers, competent rebuilders, etc.

I have a good reprint of a M&W / Rajay turbo service manual I can 'trade' for info as well.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 21)
914rrr
post Dec 6 2008, 08:28 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 874
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Larry Hubby @ Dec 2 2008, 02:46 AM) *

I have a Crown 914 turbo kit installation manual that includes the diagram that Jeff posted, together with the Crown sales flyer for the kit - a total of 11 pages. I suppose I could copy or scan them for you, if these are what you're looking for.

Also, I used to have a lot of Corvair and Crown stuff because I was contemplating putting a turbo Corvair engine in my 914. The Crown high performance compressor housing for the Corvair was definitely an E-flow unit, and, if I recall correctly, the A/R was 1.6, but that may have been the A/R of their high performance exhaust turbine housing instead.

Yes, I'd be interested in copies of the Crown installation manual and the sales flyer. I have copies of both, but they are lousy. Please PM me to arrange email or snail mail.

+Quote Post
johnnie5
post Dec 7 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #22

914 lover

Member No.: 9,644
Region Association: Southern California

PM sent. Good luck Rob, hope he can answer some of your questions.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 11:23 AM