Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Event cost
rick 918-S
post Feb 15 2004, 08:41 AM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I see we set the cost at $ 100.00,

Is this per person? or per car?

I think I will have 4 kids with me? Two of mine and at least two of their friends plus the wife.

Are we having sponsors help with the venue costs, Awards, Etc.?

We need a list of the things we need money for and the cost so we can work on getting these items sponsored.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Feb 16 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #2

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

The cost of the AX is $30 per driver. Spectators / volunteers are free. There may be an additional charge from another PCA region to get the use of their trailer for a 914 only track on site. Estimate $35 to be on the safe side.

The Swap Meet has a fee per stall (I think $10), but the 914 concours should be free. There will be a sponsored concours but I think there should be a 914 dedicated lot. LPR will sell donuts coffee and food on site.

Food / lodging depends on what you eat and what kind of sleep you expect to get.

Are you talking about a general additional fee for "packages" to be passed out?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 16 2004, 11:30 PM
Post #3

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(cavwpguy @ Feb 16 2004, 08:33 PM)

Are you talking about a general additional fee for "packages" to be passed out?

I'm not sure what I'm talking about. There Was a mention of a $ 100.00 fee. I didn't understand what it was for. Help!
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 16 2004, 11:53 PM
Post #4

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Event Cost
* Minimal only to cover expenses (<$100.)
* Separate additional costs for other meals, lodging, the AX, Concours and swapmeet spaces if you enter. These events are free to attend, but to participate in the AX or Concours, or sell parts, there is a separate additional fee payable at the door.

This was clipped from the 'announcement' post.

The target is for less than $100 per registered attendee. The cost so far, once its finalized, will be primarily for the Friday breakfast, goodie bag items that cost (participation badges or rallye shields, awards trophys and Sunday BBQ etc. So if your family will participate in these events, each will need to be registered and pay the fee. So far, the costs per registrant are not substantial, but I wanted to prepare everyone for a worst case scenario...and then tell them it will be cheaper, rather than the other way around.

We'll work somthing out Rich...so each of yor family doesnt have to pay for the items they dont need...

Are we going to see the Alien AX???? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Jeff
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 17 2004, 12:29 AM
Post #5

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Ok, Yes we should have a two tiered event price. Most of the car shows I've entered have a cost that includes the cost for the driver including a goodie bag and covers the cost of trophies for the event and a no frills day pass for the passanger under one price. What ever the cost ends up at I think we should include 1 full event spread and one no frills admission. Then there should be a fee for the crew to cover meals and whatever. or do it under a family pass price.

And yes to the AX!, Although I've never done it before, and the car doesn't have swaybars, cage, turbo tie rods, chassis stiffening, corner balancing, etc. the list goes on. Yes, If they'll let me I'll try it.

Think if I show a day early "B" will preform an Alien Auto-topsy so I'm not completely humiliated by the 911's?
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 17 2004, 08:11 AM
Post #6

914 Wiring Harnesses

Good ideas on the pricing structure Rich...We'll be sure to make it work for eveyone.

Think if I show a day early "B" will preform an Alien Auto-topsy so I'm not completely humiliated by the 911's?

I am certain that B and everyone else will be happy to analyze your car...its a free 914 club membership 'benefit'... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

It all in good fun....
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Feb 17 2004, 06:09 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Feb 17 2004, 07:29 AM)
And yes to the AX!, Although I've never done it before, and...

Don't worry. It's not about how good you do, it's about how much fun you have (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Feb 17 2004, 09:48 PM
Post #8

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

It's not about how good you do, it's about how much fun you have

Amen to that.

Its probably not practical to include the AX fee, swap fee (if wanted), or concours fee in an "all access" pass because then you have the onerous task of paying that fee out on someone else's behalf. Plus, there are forms and waivers to be signed at the point for these events.

I initially thought it would be great to pay AX fees in advance so that the sponsor PCA club wouldn't potentially take a loss, but now under the GGR event shield, if no one shows up to the 914 event- it just doesn't happen (not likely).

We should clearly list these fees, and indicate that they are additional.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 18 2004, 12:54 AM
Post #9

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Ok, I agree to all that was stated. So where do we start?

What do we need to raise to put on the AX event? Is $ 30.00 correct? Do we really need 40 cars or no event?

Friday morning breakfast was proposed. This sounds like the start of the event. Where are we meeting? What is the projected cost per plate? Then the goody bag cost for the cruise.

Anything else covered in the cost of the event on the first day?

Second day is the AX. is this a stand along event for the day? Are we providing lunch or anything? Is there a Saturday night dinner? Whats the cost? Or will this be Dutch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Sunday is the Show and swap. Did we get a cost for this? Then there's the BBQ and awards presentation. What should be the projected cost for the BBQ.

Were working on the trophy pricing this weekend. Shouldn't be too bad. were making them. We'll need to purchase the acrylic, and some nice wood. maybe something exotic like Zebra or something. Then there's the cost of the event plaques for the bases. I'll know more next week.

What else will be covered in the event fee.

What are we having sponsors pay for?
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Feb 18 2004, 01:21 AM
Post #10

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

I think the cost for the swap meet was @ $10 is you wanted to sell stuff.
There was no charge to shop or for the car show.

When/where is the photo shoot?
Is there someplace at/near Candlestick?
A scenic background would be great, but the #1 concern is finding a place for the photographer to stand that is high enough to be able to see all the cars.
Is a nice poster/print (to be mailed later) part of the base registration fee?
Is this one of the things we could get a sponsor to pay for if we screened their logo in the corner?
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Feb 18 2004, 07:00 AM
Post #11

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Feb 17 2004, 10:54 PM)
What do we need to raise to put on the AX event? Is $ 30.00 correct? Do we really need 40 cars or no event?

the real question is: is it 40 cars, or 40 drivers ? or is it 40 cars, 80 drivers ?
or is it fixed $$ minimum ? (if so, it would be possible for a sponsor to pick up some clack and subsidise a portion - a sponsor can't just make cars materialise tho...)

BTW - who's contacting sponsors ? let me suggest taking a scan through the 'resources' page and contacting those people - they're the ones who are hoping to generate sales volume within the 914 community. and yes, i am absolutely aware ArtechnikA is in that sections !
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 19 2004, 07:10 PM
Post #12

914 Wiring Harnesses

Lets tabulate the event cost issue. We can taalkk about it more in teh next few days and I will edit this post. Once the cost is finalized, I will start a new topic with teh final analysis. The event shouldnot cost anymore than necessary, but enough to make it worthwhile, I see it as a no profit undertaking.

Cost per attendee
$20. 9:14 Breakfast catering and venue
$____ 17-mile drive admission fee for Monterey tour
$____ Box lunch for the Monterey day trip
$8. Goodie Bag - CD's and sticker
$4. Printing - maps, reg forms, Tech Quiz
$35. AX (prepaid, then to LPR)
$____ Pro photo/video for group photo? (hopefully not)
$____ 914 BBQ catering and venue
$8? Rallye Shields or Participation Plaques
$____ Trophies (Paid to Rick O)

No Charge Items
* Digital photos - hopefully someone amongst us will step up and take on orgainizing the staged photos.
* I envision that there will be a 2 tiered registration fee. One fee that is comprehensive and includes all costs for the event for a single primary attendee, and a supplemental fee for additional attendees (family/friends) that will attend with the primary attendee. The supplemental fee attendees could attend all events with the primary, but would NOT receive a goodie bag, or be eligible for trophies or any other item we wish to drop. We want them to attend, but they should not have to pay for something they dont receive.
* The AX fee: I recommend we setup the registration fee to include a prepaid AX fee. So that we will know ahead of time how many to expect at our dedicated AX, and so WCC people wont jump ship on us at the last minute. I think this will encourage a better 914Club AX turnout. If it turns out that only a few will participate in the AX (we will know during preregistration), then we will simply cancel our AX and join the GGR AX, and refund collected fees.

What else will we spend money on?
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Feb 19 2004, 07:17 PM
Post #13

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

QUOTE(bowlsby @ Feb 19 2004, 05:10 PM)
$3. Goodie Bag - CD's (paid to Jon Watts)

what do you have planned for the actual bag (container ?)

i wanted to do a nice keep-able silkscreened canvas thing a la some Parades - but the $10 or so each small-quantity price made it impossible...
+Quote Post
seanery
post Feb 19 2004, 07:18 PM
Post #14

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

I see only 3 organized meals, is that correct? that means 3-6 are on our own, yes? I just want to make sure.
If no one else steps up, I can do the photog thing. I've got a digital SLR that does really nice, the only snag will be if I can't make the trip. There is a small chance of this happening.
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Feb 19 2004, 07:21 PM
Post #15

914 Guru

How about t-shirts???
The company who would print the shirts could just as well print the canvas bags without extra cost

And maybe I missed it, but what's on the CD?

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 19 2004, 07:22 PM
Post #16

914 Wiring Harnesses

I see only 3 organized meals, is that correct? that means 3-6 are on our own, yes?

Yep. I want to minimize it and let people choose their own meals as much as possible.

I'll start a new thread on the goodie bag to generate suggestions.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 19 2004, 07:26 PM
Post #17

914 Wiring Harnesses

I havent thought of canvas bags...those cost somthing especially if preprinted.

T-Shirts? I know its been discussed, but I would like to have someone else take the risk and make it a profit item. There are too many variables -what sizes? what items - cups/mugs/muscleshirts/, ladies/mens/childrens/hats...and it would just add cost to the registration fee. Lets one of us entrpreneurs take it upon them selves...

If we had the time would could set it up as part of the eCommerce effort for the Club and actually start making money for the cliubs expenses. Help???

CD? JonBoy Watts emailed me and offered to put together an event CD...hopefully he will speak up. I can record a trombone solo for you guys... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) but somehow I dont think you'd be too interested...
+Quote Post
seanery
post Feb 19 2004, 07:31 PM
Post #18

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

brad and i have been discussing shirts.
maybe we can have some club shirts ready by then that can act as an unofficial shirt, or the same folks can make some.

Pre Order is the only way for event shirts IMHO, that way they pick size and prepay before we are commited.

I'll do a little research and report back.
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Feb 19 2004, 08:09 PM
Post #19

914 Guru

We could offer the possibility to pre-order (and pre-pay) shirts when people register for the event
That way, there's no risk and we have the cash in our hands...
If there's too little interest to make it possible we can refund

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Feb 19 2004, 09:25 PM
Post #20

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) I would think that most people would want one.
If the club is not going to do official event shirts, I sincerely somebody will step up to the plate and make some available.

The biggest cost for attendees is going to be hotel rooms. Do we have any reports on locations and prices? Are we going to be able to have a 'Headquarters Hotel' or is everybody going to be on their own? (Can you say 'group discount'?)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 07:35 PM