Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> MADE IN THE USA /Stand By Your Products, MADE IN THE USA/Stand By Your Products
Jeff Hail
post Jan 20 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,712

Had a bad experience with a postive turn around. I have an Ingersoll Rand Compressor. Been very happy with it. Many many many hours of trouble free operation. Sunday the motor lit on fire just as I was walking by it . I first thought I lost a one leg on the phase. The motor just gave up the ghost with a fire storm of sparks. Looked like one of those friction wheel toys I played with as a kid.

I am not going to get into the model and start a what if thread.

1)I bought the Inger because they have a good reputation for the money. I spent a few bucks more than the other brand.
2)I have owned I/R products from Impact Sockets to Die Grinders etc and everything in between.
3)I have registered EVERY I/R product I have ever bought for warranty purposes.
4) I have never had a product or tool go bad until now.

The kicker. The motor on this air pusher is way out of warranty. I started surfing the web for a motor and found I was looking at $500 for the motor and shipping as this is a heavy item.

Then I got to thinking. I have started Letter Writing Campaigns in the past and have always gotten my way in the end. I did this with another high end tool brand until they begged me to stop and sent me a replacement along with a few extra gifts to make me go away. It was a David and Goliath thing.

Monday morning 9:00 AM: I call I/R and first call I get a supervisor. The guy was pleasant to deal with. I explained my problem and the flaming motor. He asked for the serial number which I provided. Next thing he says "you have bought a few items from us in the past 20 years". I replied I was always happy with the products. They never broke and even if they cost a litle more I felt it as worth the cost. - Adding MADE IN THE USA.

The supervisor told me the motor is out of warranty. As I am thinking yeah he is right but I thought I would try.....before I could even complete the thought he said "Im going to send you out a replacement NO CHARGE. It will be on your doorstep in 72 hours. No questions asked.

Tuesday morning 8:00 am: I hear a thump on my porch via UPS Heavy Freight. Motor was here. 23 hours later from the first call.

I am impresses by I/R. This is a Global Company that does business the American way. Not too many business's left that handle customers this way. They honor the brand they sell.

In this economy, present state of the world and all other uncertainty I have faith in this country. I/R had no reason to do this but they did and that matters to me.

The warranty invoice that came with the motor is what got me the most. It was printed VIP Customer/ Emergency shipment.

Goliath made David feel important today.

Edit-
Flame out.......left engine Captain!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Jeff Hail   MADE IN THE USA /Stand By Your Products   Jan 20 2009, 11:48 PM
McMark   Nice! Carnage pics are always fun. ;)   Jan 20 2009, 11:50 PM
jaxdream   Man those are the things that I used to remember a...   Jan 20 2009, 11:57 PM
Phoenix 914-6GT   Wow, I have always bought IR stuff as well but now...   Jan 20 2009, 11:58 PM
Solo914   Wow, I have always bought IR stuff as well but no...   Jan 21 2009, 12:01 AM
ArtechnikA   2)I have owned I/R products from Impact Sockets t...   Jan 21 2009, 06:23 AM
jd74914   Awesome story Jeff. They just gained another cus...   Jan 21 2009, 07:13 AM
jmill   Great story. You've also convinced me to star...   Jan 21 2009, 08:02 AM
rick 918-S   IR rocks. I have a few of their tools. They don...   Jan 21 2009, 09:11 AM
scotty b   I purchased a new 4" pistol grip air grinder...   Jan 24 2009, 09:26 PM
ClayPerrine   I have always had extremely good service from my I...   Jan 21 2009, 09:19 AM
ruddyboys   I wonder if I call Porsche and tell them my car is...   Jan 21 2009, 10:20 AM
396   I wonder if I call Porsche and tell them my car i...   Jan 24 2009, 07:45 PM
TedK   The never ending story...................I have be...   Jan 21 2009, 10:26 AM
aircooledtechguy   That is a great testimonial for IR. They are a gr...   Jan 21 2009, 06:15 PM
Zimms   I just bought a new one and am hooking it up now....   Jan 21 2009, 06:23 PM
LarryR   That's Awesome! I have always purchase I/R...   Jan 22 2009, 12:18 AM
SGB   Is I/R stuff carried at any retail outlets, or is ...   Jan 22 2009, 08:40 PM
ArtechnikA   Is I/R stuff carried at any retail outlets, or is...   Jan 23 2009, 05:37 AM
mbrown3039   Well, I'm not sure that a company standing by ...   Jan 23 2009, 11:31 PM
rick 918-S   This was pre-harbor freight days. We have a local ...   Jan 24 2009, 10:59 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 04:08 AM