Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Group Photos
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 20 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

My thoughts - I hope we can have 2-3 coordinated photos of the whole group - with a picturesque background (which is why we have the Monterey drive in part).

As examples, one photo could be organized with a coordinated rainbow of colors. Another could be of all similar model year cars. I also envision multiple smaller group shots - hopefully coordinated. For instance we will travel to Monterey as several smaller groups with tour guides familiar with the local roads - a single 50 car caravan will not work. So if we can break up into smaller groups of say 10-15...maybe a group of yellow cars, or only the super-modified cars etc could be photographed together...Then at a predetermined time and place the entire group can gel for a single photo - maybe at sunset? Would also like one of all the cars at the swapmeet dedicated parking area and at the AX. Those group photo parking layouts will all need to be coordinated and organized after the registration materials are received.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 20 2004, 02:52 PM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

We should have several dedicated photographers. I'm bringing one with me. My sons friend forest is really getting a handle on photography. Check out the videos he did last summer at a BMW CCA Teen Drivers School. I gaurentee he will do this for the club.video by forrest

BTW: Look for my son Aric's 91 GTI and turn up the volume!
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Feb 20 2004, 09:12 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Rich,

I never watch the locations of people much (not relevance for me anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)) so I hadn't noticed you're from MN before untill I visited the BMW site with the video's (duh!)
My wife and I visited a North Stern PCA track event at Brainerd in aug. '98
We hung out with Terresa Vickery (white 3.2 911) and Joel Phister (yellow 993 look race car) there, who I'd met on RennList

cheers,

Jeroen
(sorry to be off topic)
+Quote Post
Carl
post May 16 2004, 07:14 PM
Post #4

Ummm ... what?

Member No.: 163
Region Association: Northern California

Jeff,
If you recall the first Roadglue event we had at West Valley College ~5 years ago, I shot a series of photos of each of the cars and the owners. I think we should do that again rather than rely solely on a series of group shots. The group shots are great, as will be the snaps that everyone will be taking, but it would be good to get a closeup of each car and driver in a fairly standard format.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post May 16 2004, 09:02 PM
Post #5

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

I fully agree Carl, thats a great idea. I remember that day well. The photo you took of me and my son is one of my all time favorites. He was shorter than me then...can't say that anymore. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

A good time to do that would be the morning at the PartsHeaven meet. We wont be particularly pressed for time, all the cars should be there with their rally shields mounted. I can supply an attendance list to be sure we get everyone if they happen to be away from their car when you walk by with the camera. I will include this activity on the event lsit for that morning to alert everyone unless a better idea is posted.
+Quote Post
Carl
post May 16 2004, 10:24 PM
Post #6

Ummm ... what?

Member No.: 163
Region Association: Northern California

The attendance list will be very helpful because it takes at least two people - take the photos and get the names with correct spelling.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 04:03 AM