Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Promotions and Sponsorship
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 20 2004, 02:07 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Steve Stromberg is heading up this effort, but as many of us that can help the better the event will be. Steve, we haven't talked about specifics, but here are some of my thoughts on how to proceed.

* We need to create flyers, once certain particulars are known. Flyers can be 1/2 sheets of 8.5 x 11 with the pertinent information, website address, dates, etc.

* The flyers should be downloadable from the website, so people anywhere can print and distribute them.

* I would like to see flyers at as many locations as possible to attract potential attendees - Parts shops, service shops, Ottos, Pelican, Tweeks. Especially in the Bay Area, SoCal and PNW, where our biggest draws will be from.

* I would like flyers to be distributed at upcoming P-Car events between now and then - AXs, swaps, maybe get a booth? What events are scheduled?

* Everyone at 914Club, Rennlist and Pelican BBS should know about the event, be able to download, print and hand out flyers to every 914 they know of or come across.

* Also, I have this thought of posting an eBay ad for the event. The ad would read as selling a discounted admission and point to the event website. I dont care if there are no bidders, but at least it might attract a few attendees. Believe it or not there are still tons of 914 owners who do not participate in our 914 BBS, and only hang out on eBay, so they are not even aware of the event, and I would like to reach them.

* Potential sponsors should be contacted for donations - cash and giveaway items. Bigger donations can be rewarded with print advertising in the event brochure, on the Rallye Shields, and verbally at the event. I hope we can get a sponsor(s) to pay in full for major items ( the Rallye Shields, the Box lunches for the Monterey Tour, The 9:14 Breakfast etc) to minimize our cost and attract better attendance. I dont think any of these will be super expensive individually.

Comments?

I will edit this first post more to include all plans for promoting the event and getting sponsorships soon. Please be sure to check all the first posts for threads I have started from time to time for updates, because I do edit them to keep them current.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Feb 20 2004, 08:29 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

We can do a flyer in acrobat (.pdf) format that can be downloaded from the event website
That way, everyone who wants to can promote the event.

I'll try to set something up for a website a.s.a.p. (hopefully before my vacation end of next week)

Also I'll do my best to produce something like a letterhead with the logo this weekend (Steve requested for that in another thread).

Will scan the threads for event info and bug you guys for more specific details...

cheers,

Jeroen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
steve@ottosvenice.com
post Feb 20 2004, 10:44 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,324

Great Idea. That would be very useful. Steve
+Quote Post
steve@ottosvenice.com
post Feb 20 2004, 10:47 PM
Post #4

Jeff send me your # Steve
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 20 2004, 11:43 PM
Post #5

914 Wiring Harnesses

Steve my cell number is planted on the Event Staff page by my name. It will be on most of this weekend and all weekdays.

(415) 652-4518
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Feb 21 2004, 07:33 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Here's the logo that you can use as a letter head
I made it in 300dpi so it might look big on the screen, but it should be close to 3 inches wide when printed
(otherwise, resize it yourself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif))

cheers,

Jeroen

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Feb 21 2004, 07:34 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

One in B/W if that suits your needs better...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
steve@ottosvenice.com
post Mar 4 2004, 09:38 AM
Post #8

How much Money is this going to take to pull off? I need to know so that I can Get it to cover the Costs. Are e=we talking $2k . $5K? Give me some figures to work with. Steve
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 5 2004, 08:49 AM
Post #9

914 Wiring Harnesses

Promotions and Sponsorships

Meister Steve Stromberg

FLYERS

We need flyers! I envision a flyer which is 1/2 size of an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet (2 per page), easily printed and copied. I would like to make these flyers available as a download off the event website for anyone and everyone connected to the event to distribute. We can then all distribute them to 914 service and parts outlets, and personally at other P-car events that might draw 914 owners and simply hung onto other 914s we see on the street between now and June.

The flyer should have basic information: The logo and website address, contact information, event highlights and that’s about it. All information needed is on the event website already. Sean, can you tackle this and make us a flyer? We needed it yesterday…

BANNER AD

Sean can you also do a banner ad, or maybe we can just use the event logo with a link? If we had a banner ad, hopefully we could persuade the other 914 sites and parts vendors to include it on theit website.

SPONSORS

As far as sponsors go we can solicit sponsors and offer them print advertising on the event website, in the event brochure or on the Rallye Shields and verbal recognition at the 914 Breakfast and awards ceremony to pay for or offset the costs of:
* $600 Awards trophies and certificates
* $500 Brochure printing costs
* $600 Rallye Shields for each participant
* $750 Farewell Party food
* $800 Photography
* $1200 9:14 Breakfast
* $1500 Autocross

My thinking Steve is that if a company buys the Rallye sheilds for instance, their copany logo qwill be oi the shields. If they buy the AX, it will be called "the 914Club AX, sponsored by _____ Co", so they get direct correlation of the item to their sponsorship. Steve, you coordinate all sponsorships i.e. there should not be more than 1 sponsor for each type listed. Paid sponsorships will directly defray the registration cost charged to attendees. All sponsorships must be committed to NLT than March 15th, 2004 and paid within 30 days. An invoice will be sent to sponsors.

Sponsors will need to submit camera ready and preferably digital artwork. Printing will be black and white, but for a generous sponsorship, we could do the event brochure in color. Larger sponsorships will receive larger ads and more verbal publicity. All sponsors are invited to attend the 914 WCC 2004, with paid registration, for personal representation.

DONATIONS

We can also solicit donated NEW items for the goodie bags and for random door prizes. It would be great to give each attendee, in their goodie bags, 914 stuff from a generous vendor, and a few special door prizes throughout the event. We’ll draw car numbers out of a hat. They should be items applicable to any 914 owner…gift certs, discount coupons, car care, common 914 parts, print catalogs, business cards…be creative.

Any donated items, or anything that needs to go into the goodie bags can be sent to me directly from the sponsors and vendors. I can have them organized and stuffed into the goodie bags by local volunteers, that way Steve, you wont be hassled with transporting all this stuff and coordinating it at the last minute right before the event.

914 West Coast Classic 2004
c/o Jeff Bowlsby
3237 Julio Avenue
San Jose, CA 95124
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Mar 5 2004, 10:20 AM
Post #10

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

The Autocross cost is variable based on participants. Figure $35 per car.
+Quote Post
seanery
post Mar 5 2004, 11:44 AM
Post #11

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Flyer for approval.
It's in PDF format can be printed color or b&w looks good both ways.
Info Flyer
+Quote Post
seanery
post Mar 5 2004, 11:46 AM
Post #12

I know the Hotel info is crappy looking, I'll fix that if all else is approved.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 5 2004, 02:31 PM
Post #13

914 Wiring Harnesses

Thasnk Sean it looks really gooid with the following comments:

1. I printed it out on my b/w laser printer and everything reads well except the ww.914world.com in the red portion of the main logo graphic...it disappears where it should be prominent.

2. In the event logo it says 'San Francisco Bay, CA', where it should read 'San Francisco Bay Area, CA'

3. Prune Yard Inn...is actually only two words....Pruneyard Inn.

I dont know if I like the idea or not, but what about the idea of adding a graphic in the upper left corner to stand out and grab attention...something like the old Batman things...'BAM'...'KAPAOW'...you know something with the words like 'Attention all 914 owners!!!'...in a jaggedy outline. ????I dont know if it works or not, you decide. I do very much like it just as it is...it should grab alot of attention. I envision these being set out on parts counters, posted on bulletin boards at repair shops, tucked under windshield wipers, and included in parts orders by sponsor vendors.

Other than those little things it looks superb to my eye. If there are any additional changes, make them and lets git it onto the event website as soon as possible so they can be distributed.
+Quote Post
seanery
post Mar 5 2004, 05:52 PM
Post #14

Revised flyer
Info Flyer
(both links point to this one now)

the file size on this is much smaller. I printed the large file size vs this one and quality difference was insignificant.

There is no CA after SFB Area just for size reasons, I don't know of another SFB in the US, so I don't think there is a problem there.
I didn't do the BAM, POW thing, it doesn't seem to fit graphically with the printout or the logo style.
+Quote Post
seanery
post Mar 5 2004, 06:09 PM
Post #15

quickie banner ad

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 5 2004, 06:14 PM
Post #16

914 Wiring Harnesses

Perfectammundo Sean. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

I say give it until tommorrow noon for any additional comments, then if there are none...make the flyer and banner available for distribution from the event website.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 6 2004, 12:18 AM
Post #17

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Great!... Brilliant!
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 8 2004, 02:00 PM
Post #18

914 Wiring Harnesses

Sean is the flyer on the event website somewhere? I couldn't find it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Mar 8 2004, 02:31 PM
Post #19

nope, the website is written in php. I don't know php, at all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
It'll have to wait for Jeroen to come back. If you want it out earlier we can post the link in the wcc nailed thread.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 8 2004, 02:53 PM
Post #20

914 Wiring Harnesses

Ok, I guess we'll have to wait. Jeroen will return in a week...thank anyway... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 05:32 PM