Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Cooling flaps' in top of engine tin, Cable activated? How do these function?
johnnie5
post Oct 17 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #61

914 lover

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,644
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(John Jentz @ Oct 17 2009, 08:15 AM) *

Everything explained here http://www.ratwell.com/technical/Thermostats.html . No, they're NLA. Maybe you can find an NOS one somewhere or adapt a Type 1 as described.

VW engineers put this stuff on the engine so it would warm up quickly and stay at a temperature that results in good performance and low engine wear. I use mine, re engineer at your own peril. All of this "you don't need it" is pulled out of the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/burro.gif) . Nobody has tested their engine to failure both ways to form an informed opinion. As always, read, ask, FILTER the replies, research and then form your own opinion.

Very informative link, thank you John.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Oct 17 2009, 12:00 PM
Post #62

Enrique Allen Mar

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,478
Region Association: Southern California

Johnnie, I'm at the shop right now and will check today and have an answer tonight. It really only depends if it's working or not because I know I'm not going to need it.

Neil, if Johnnie passes up on those items, you might have a kid in Oceanside that is interested. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 02:27 AM