Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Let's talk alignment, Shims---Do I need them or Do I not need them? That is the question.
ChrisFoley
post Feb 9 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #21

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 9 2009, 11:03 PM) *

I find it odd that for an all out AXer I run very close to stock alignment settings.....cept for ride height.

Thats the original purpose of my modified solid trailing arm brackets, slicks on a lowered car.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Feb 9 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #22

Custom Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 9 2009, 11:03 PM) *

QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Feb 9 2009, 07:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 9 2009, 12:11 PM) *

The answer you want is: No, everything's OK and cheap. The real answer is: You changed stuff, you need to take a selection of shims with you to the alignment shop, even if you have to pay for them like everybody else.

The Cap'n

The answer I want is the Correct answer. After spending the money I've spent on my teener the last year; I doubt the cost of shims will break my bank account.
Yes, I changed the rear springs and shocks/struts, wheel bearings and the list goes on and on but is it possble, depending on the shock setting heighth that shims may not be necessary??? Or, is that against all odds?

It is against all odds. With -.5 deg negative in the rear I have a stack of shims about 3/8 + inches high. In the past with -2 deg I had none on one side and about 2mm on the other.

I find it odd that for an all out AXer I run very close to stock alignment settings.....cept for ride height.

Take them out.
Measure them together.
Make one piece out of aluminum...its lighter.
URY would do it....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Rich
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 10:42 AM