Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How low...can you go. And how did you do it?
ottox914
post Mar 2 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #1

The glory that once was.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Thinking of lowering the 914 some more. I should be getting the new turbo motor done. 2 seasons ago I had it REAL low, so low that, while on a smooth auto cross course, the front "A" arm did not hit the pinch weld on the tub, but on the road, a good bump would = a big clunk. I confirmed this by putting some tape on the "A" arm and seeing it damaged, proved my theory. A little to low. I know if you go super low, the camber curve gets out of whack. I liked the look of the car lower, and it seemed to handle well also. I'd consider making a new lower "A" arm, but was wondering what I could learn from those who have been there/done that. I'm running a SA koni insert in front from something or other, that Jason Burkett from Paragon sold me, I needed to shorten the strut tubes about 5/8" to make them fit. The front is now low enough such that with the Koni snubbers, and a zip tie on the shock shaft, that during normal driving I have maybe 1/4' to the snubber. Rear ride height is currently set off the front, to achieve best possible corner balance/cross weights. As the Koni's are several seasons old, I'd not be adverse to sending them in for a re-build, and having them shortened, F and R. Anyone convert the rears to use a more commonly available "eye" style shock? Show me that too...

thanks-

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 04:41 PM