Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Last things
rick 918-S
post Mar 2 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

1) Event cost. I vote $ 50.00 to cover Saturday AM swap meet space and the Saturday night meal. Left over money can go to a charity.

What Say you?

2) Ray, How is Oldschool coming with the swag? Did you get the logo info you requested? We need this completed.

When you firm it up send the info to Forrest directly and he will post it right away.

3) Rich are you working with Forrest with regard to the disclaimer?

Once we have the event cost locked Forrest will be ready to complete the event attendance form and will need your help.

Everyon notice We now have a contact email address on the web site. I posted the access info on the Web Site thread. I encourage everyone to check the email often and respond to the questions posted. Take ownership of the email and get here done.

4) Who is going to collect the money for the event. Joe Sharp is having people send checks via snail mail. We can do the same but someone needs to step up with an address for the Attendance form.

I'm just the slave driver, er, ah, cheerleader. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I live too far away to take a leadership roll here. So this is in your hands.

So to recap: Vote on the event cost, get swaag info to Forrest, Get Disclaimer info to Forrest, Someone volenteer an address and clollect the money and pay the bowling alley and swap meet vendor for the space. If any money is left over send it to a charity. Easy peasy.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 3 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #2

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Sounds good to me. I can be the address for the money. Noel can organize that stuff if I get called away, but things should be getting lighter starting next week for a month.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 3 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #3

Sounds good to me. I can be the address for the money. Noel can organize that stuff if I get called away, but things should be getting lighter starting next week for a month.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 3 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #4

Damnit, double post.... Dr Evil = whore
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 3 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #5

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 3 2009, 12:28 AM) *

1) Event cost. I vote $ 50.00 to cover Saturday AM swap meet space and the Saturday night meal. Left over money can go to a charity.

What do we feel is a "real" expectation of turnout?

I think $50 is too much. At $50, we break even and start turning profit on the 8th person. IE, as soon as we get ourselves registered (and our wives/GFs/SOs) we are turning profit.

At $40, we break even (and start turning profit) on the 16th person (40% of room capacity, and 40% of targeted attendance if we assume 1 person for each car). If we only have 15 people show, we can't cover costs. But if we only have 15 people in attendance, this event is probably not worth putting together.

OR

Have a tiered fee structure. if your payment is received by the end of March, event cost is $40. Once April 1 rolls around the cost goes up to $50. This will provide incentive for folks to register early.

AND
We need to consider what to do about day of attendants. Do we allow people to come to our tent and register for the dinner? If we do, I highly suggest we make it cash only at the gate.

Also, we need to track how many seats we have used and plan for the possibility of overflow (more people then our room can support.) According to the contract, we will have roughly 40 seats at dinner time.

Finally, what is the "kid" policy? I would assume that kids pay full price, but what do you say to the guy that walks in with a 1 year old infant (as I may very well do) or the 6 month old baby? I'm not trying to be obtuse, but I think that policy needs to be clear.

4) Who is going to collect the money for the event. Joe Sharp is having people send checks via snail mail. We can do the same but someone needs to step up with an address for the Attendance form.

If we do checks, we will have to cut off registration 2 weeks before the start of the event (or hope that late registering folks don't write rubber checks).

I know that some folks don't like Pay Pal, but it does present an easy way to track payments and gives people a receipt that they could use as a ticket to get into the event. A $2.00 service fee will cover all the Pay Pal fees no matter if we use the $50 ticket price or the $40 ticket price ($52 or $42, respective total cost).

I would accept the money keeper job on the electronic end. However, I have no time to go to the bank and wait for checks to cash.

If we just want to do checks, thats fine. However, I don't have the time to do that job.

Sorry if I opened up too many worms, but we need to figure these details out or we may come up short on game day.

Zach
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 3 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #6

You suck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Good points.

$50 is fair, I can ask the alley what they would consider an extra person (what age). As for having more than 40 people, thats not much of a problem as the bar is attached to the room and has seating and they said it would be cool for us to spill over.

No checks within 2 weeks of event. I can handle any funds issues and post totals up here for all to see. I cant give ya'll access to my bank account, but the numbers or people will betray what we should have in revenue.

+Quote Post
rmital
post Mar 3 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #7

Northeast optimist

Member No.: 5,268

2) Ray, How is Oldschool coming with the swag? Did you get the logo info you requested? We need this completed.

I should be getting a virtual shirt to approve this evening or first thing tomorrow. Once we got that, we could post a link for purchase.

No money up front, they print, collect the money and ship right to your house.

Oldschool's business will be making a few bucks per shirt, don't know the exact price yet. I ask that we don't make any cash from the deal to keep cost down.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 3 2009, 04:34 PM
Post #8

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Other events I've attended have given any extra money to charity. So if there's extra money I'm sure someone will except the gift.

Mike are you offering to collect money via pay pal? That's fine with me. Forrest can easily add your pay pal to the site and attendance sheet.

I agree with the cut off date. The bowling alley had a drop dead date on their info.

More than one per car:

Driver to the dinner Saturday night $ 50.00. Shot gun $ 30.00?

Or,... If you pre-register as a couple $ 40.00 for the driver, Shot gun, $ 30.00?

KIDS?:

If we have extra cash maybe we can cover the cost of the kids and say kids under 10 free. When teens are hungry they can out eat adults. Maybe work something out with the alley.

If people want to sign up for the dinner at the swap meet we should be sure to pre pay for a some extra meals before the alley's dead line to avoid a food shortage.
+Quote Post
rmital
post Mar 4 2009, 07:56 AM
Post #9

Northeast optimist

Link to shirt purchase

price right now is $15.00 plus shipping.

I going to call Jaime later today (west coast), and ask if we could get the price to be $15.00 but that would include shipping.
+Quote Post
rmital
post Mar 4 2009, 09:12 AM
Post #10

Northeast optimist

QUOTE(rmital @ Mar 4 2009, 08:56 AM) *

Link to shirt purchase

price right now is $15.00 plus shipping.

I going to call Jaime later today (west coast), and ask if we could get the price to be $15.00 but that would include shipping.

Zach...take a look at the front of the shirt...is that the right font??
we could make an adjustment if necessary. We might have to send a jpg.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 4 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #11

En Garde!

Ray,

Its the right font for the banner image, but I thought we were going to use the vertical format for shirts (cars_shirt.eps in the file that I sent you).

Zach

+Quote Post
rmital
post Mar 4 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #12

Northeast optimist

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 4 2009, 12:16 PM) *

Ray,

Its the right font for the banner image, but I thought we were going to use the vertical format for shirts (cars_shirt.eps in the file that I sent you).

Zach

my mistake...I'll get them to update.
+Quote Post
rmital
post Mar 4 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #13

Northeast optimist

QUOTE(rmital @ Mar 4 2009, 12:35 PM) *

Ray,

Zach

just got off the phone with CA...changes should done shortly.
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 4 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #14

En Garde!

Ray,

Zach

No Problem. The font that goes with the cars_shirt.eps is the Hurshey.ttf font that I mailed you a while back.

Zach
+Quote Post
rmital
post Mar 4 2009, 01:14 PM
Post #15

Northeast optimist

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 4 2009, 01:54 PM) *

Ray,

Zach

No Problem. The font that goes with the cars_shirt.eps is the Hurshey.ttf font that I mailed you a while back.

Zach

...holy crap...just saw the shirt with the "proper" graphics on front. Looks great!

also, we're posting them for $12.00 plus shipping. Probably end up being around $15.00 total. I don't think we could get a better deal. Especially since their packing and shipping them (doing all the work).

I'll down load a pic and post here.

I say we bump the thread with the order link and start selling them??? They collect all the orders and print on Fridays. So anyone ordering should get them in about 7 to 10 business days. Still a good deal....
+Quote Post
rmital
post Mar 4 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #16

Northeast optimist

very nice.....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 4 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #17

En Garde!

nice!

Zach
+Quote Post
rmital
post Mar 4 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #18

Northeast optimist

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 4 2009, 02:52 PM) *

nice!

Zach

so what do we say....start a new thread here on the world site with the link to order the shirts??

I already did on the club site. new thread...motivate some interest again.

I'll also add on the Pelican thread.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 4 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #19

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(rmital @ Mar 4 2009, 01:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 4 2009, 02:52 PM) *

nice!

Zach

so what do we say....start a new thread here on the world site with the link to order the shirts??

I already did on the club site. new thread...motivate some interest again.

I'll also add on the Pelican thread.

Nice work Zach and Ray! I sent the link to Forrest and asked him to add a button to a link on the web site. Here we go!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:38 PM