Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Working on the Attendance form for the web site, I need your input
rick 918-S
post Mar 8 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

The first annual Mid_Engine Invasion starts Friday night with a meet and greet and the Palmyra Motel. Saturday we invade the Legendary Hershey Swap Meet and Concours. Saturday night we move to the Palmyra Bowling Lanes for an informal car show and dinner/awards meeting. There will be door prizes donated by the sponsors listed on the web site. Sunday the invasion force moves to????????? for an AX.

Notice: Signup DEADLINE is April 18, 2009 Late entries contact us through the listed email. We will attempt to accept all but the caterer needs some lead time to properly prepare.

Number in your party_____________________________

Names 1)______________________________________

2)______________________________________

Location______________________________________ (not displayed)

Contact info: Email Addy________________________ ( not displayed)

What are you driving?___________________________

Engine______________________________________

Mods________________________________________

There is a gathering planned for Saturday night at 6:30 pm at the Palmyra Bowling lanes. We have reserved a large room and catered dinner. The caterer has planned 5 appetizers, prime rib, chicken, and sides, dessert.

We planned an informal car show in the parking lot with awards at the Saturday niight dinner.

The cost for the event is $ 50.00 per person couples are $ 40.00 each. The costs cover the group swap meet space where we will congregate during the day Saturday and dinner Saturday night.

All proceeds in excess of the cost of this event will go to ?

Notice: Attendees will be responsable for their own entry fees into the Swap Meet gate and Concours as well as any entry fees into the AX.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 8 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Look over above. Add what you want. We need a local Charity we can name in advance.

If were setting up a pay pal for the entry fee we need a pay pal address. Mike, did you say you would do this?

All final additions need to be posted by Wednesday. I will send the info to Forrest and that will be the event.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 8 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #3

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Sounds good. We can donate the excess to the Dr. Evil needs $$ fund......or I can find a fund at the Hershey Hospital to donate to. Something in the children's hospital section. Let me see what I can find.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 8 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #4

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 8 2009, 06:58 PM) *

Sounds good. We can donate the excess to the Dr. Evil needs $$ fund......or I can find a fund at the Hershey Hospital to donate to. Something in the children's hospital section. Let me see what I can find.

Sounds good, Something we can list so the attendees will see were donating the excess someplace.

Mike are you offering your paypal for the signup form?

How about an address in the event people want to send a check?
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 9 2009, 07:48 AM
Post #5

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435

Another option for potential profits would be to set up a war chest for future Mid Atlantic events. Or to pay back the event planners that donated money to the event.

I know, bourgeois capitalist nonsense. I'm a business student. I have to think this way.

I won't complain if the money is given to charity, but I could think of better ways to spend the money for 914 events (like the traditionally vastly underfunded ECC coming this fall).

Zach
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 9 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #6

Hey nice rack! -Celette

The only reason to have an event charge is so no one is shelling money out of pocket that they are not getting back.

Zach and anyone who will have cash outlay at the end of this event need to be paid back before money is sent to a charity or held for up front costs for a future event.

Frankly, I don't care what becomes of the money as long as when people start showing up for the event the group swap space is paid with the money collected (or reimbursted to who ever paid up front to reserve a bank of spots) and the caterer isn't taking up a collection before servicing dinner.

Beyond that, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Do what you feel will please the masses.

OK, Speaking of money.

1) Who's Collecting it?

2) And how do you want to receive it?

3) I'm trying to get this info on the Attendance form on the web site by friday.

4) After Friday your on your own. I have other things going on now I need to deal with. Time to get serious about your event or forget about it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)

+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 9 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #7

Ya, you can use my paypal mike95125@yahoo.com.

Snail mail is:

Mike Lesniak
2179 Wexford Rd
Palmyra, PA 17078

If there is a way to conceal my addresses from the public unless they pay or down load a form, that would be nice to cut down on the spam factor, but no absolutely necessary if it is a problem. I just want to get er done.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 9 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #8

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 9 2009, 02:11 PM) *

Ya, you can use my paypal mike95125@yahoo.com.

Snail mail is:

Mike Lesniak
2179 Wexford Rd
Palmyra, PA 17078

If there is a way to conceal my addresses from the public unless they pay or down load a form, that would be nice to cut down on the spam factor, but no absolutely necessary if it is a problem. I just want to get er done.

Ok Mike, I will see what Forrest can do with it. He may be able to set it up with a blind link that would require someone that wants snail mail to request your address first with some kind of login.

We shall see.

I sent everyone pm. I will give everyone a chance to add information.

Wednesday is the cut off. But I hope Forrest can complete the form by Sunday.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 9 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #9

I agree that we may want to put the small amount, if any, of profit would do best being put into a war chest for other events here. The east is notoriously under funded as Zach pointed out.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 9 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #10

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 9 2009, 06:21 PM) *

I agree that we may want to put the small amount, if any, of profit would do best being put into a war chest for other events here. The east is notoriously under funded as Zach pointed out.

How about I make no mention of profits or what will be done with extra funds. You guys can do as you see fit. It's your event. I'm just the cheering section.
+Quote Post
rmital
post Mar 10 2009, 06:50 AM
Post #11

Northeast optimist

Member No.: 5,268

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 9 2009, 11:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 9 2009, 06:21 PM) *

How about I make no mention of profits or what will be done with extra funds. You guys can do as you see fit. It's your event. I'm just the cheering section.

the form is simple and sweet....I agree with being to generous with information. Much could happen, usually does. Could decide afterwards.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 10 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #12

100% (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Mar 10 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #13

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

looks good.
Have forrest put the site email address that he created as the place to send the form. Once a person hits submit on the form, it can be autorouted to the email address of the site.

DO NOT put either Mikes snail mail or Paypal account online...trust me.

From the email (which we can all get to using web mail) we can send and email to the person that does two things.

Confirms the reciept of the form.
Tell them how to pay. (then you send the two addresses)

Its simple for Forrest and better for us to keep track using the one email address.

Tell forrest to leave all emails that are recieved, sent, and deleted on the server till this is over so we have a record of all of the communications.

Rich
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 12 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #14

Hey nice rack! -Celette

I sent the info to Forrest. Anyone that feels the need to send him an email and encourage him to finish the entry form be my guest.

Forrest, Can you make an entry form when completed will be emailed to the Mid-Engine Invasion email address you made for us? We don't want to display anyones personal information. When we receive the completed form in the email we can sent payment instructions to the sender. Here is a rough draft and outline of what we would like on the form. Oh! would it be possible for the person filling out the form to print a copy for their records before it emails to us? That's probably asking alot but do what you can.

Thanks!

Rick

The first annual Mid_Engine Invasion starts Friday night with a meet and greet and the Palmyra Motel. Saturday we invade the Legendary Hershey Swap Meet and Concours. Saturday night we move to the Palmyra Bowling Lanes for an informal car show and dinner/awards meeting. There will be door prizes donated by the sponsors listed on the web site. Sunday the invasion force moves to an Auto Cross hosted by the Central PA PCA.

Notice: Signup DEADLINE is April 18, 2009 Late entries contact us through the listed email. We will attempt to accept all but the caterer needs some lead time to properly prepare.

Number in your party_____________________________

Names 1)______________________________________

2)______________________________________

Location______________________________________

Contact info: Email Addy________________________

When you complete the form it will be sent to the planning group. You will receive a return email at the email address you posted on this form with payment instrictions. This protects your information as a attendee and ours as a planning team.

What are you driving?___________________________

Engine______________________________________

Mods________________________________________

There is a gathering planned for Saturday night at 6:30 pm at the Palmyra Bowling lanes. We have reserved a large room and catered dinner. The caterer has planned 5 appetizers, prime rib, chicken, and sides, dessert.

We planned an informal car show in the parking lot with awards at the Saturday niight dinner.

The cost for the event is $ 50.00 per person couples are $ 40.00 each. The costs cover the group swap meet space where we will congregate during the day Saturday and dinner Saturday night.

All proceeds in excess of the cost of this event will go to ?

Notice: Attendees will be responsible for their own entry fees into the Swap Meet gate and Concours as well as any entry fees into the AX.

COMPLETE ME!
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 13 2009, 08:09 AM
Post #15

En Garde!

Remove the line: "All proceeds in excess fo cost will go to: "

"We planned an informal car show in the parking lot with awards at the Saturday niight dinner. " only one "i" in "night."

Looks good otherwise.

Zach
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 15 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #16

En Garde!

Are we live yet?
I have not seen the form on the web site.

Zach
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 15 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #17

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 15 2009, 03:52 PM) *

Are we live yet?
I have not seen the form on the web site.

Zach

I emailed the corrections to Forrest. The page is up and running. Check it out!

I'm sending everyone that expressed an interest in the two Invasion threads a PM.

Everyone that checks the email for the site should send Mikes info for the money right?

Everyone test the page!
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 15 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #18

Link?
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Mar 15 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #19

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Yup. I hope that Forrest has had enough time to set this up.
If so, all email that is sent would be in the sent email box.

So, whoever checks, before sending...see if an email was sent.
Please keep all the contact via that site so we can have a record...hate to have some stupid arguement from someone that we cant all stand up and say...NO WAY JOSE....that is why we need to use the same email address...even for our friends.

I vote that we use Mikes paypal/snail mail address.
He is there.

Rich
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 15 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #20

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 15 2009, 05:31 PM) *

Link?

The event forum is working.... http://www.midengineinvasion.com/

The "T" shirt link is on the home page.

When you enter the number of attendees the form adds a box for number of people you have coming. You could enter 100 people on one form if you want.

The form is auto emailed to the mid-engine invasion email address... http://webmail.midengineinvasion.com/src/login.php

Password:

username: info
password: Z#wgzEaT

Everyone that checks the email should be sending a response to the attendees.

If you open an email please plan on sending a response with Mikes payment information. If you open and email and do not send info others may think an email has been sent.

I organized the email thing. You guys figure out how to keep track of the forms and money.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:31 PM