Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ground problem?
ruddyboys
post Mar 16 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #1

Hummel eigentümer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,749
Region Association: North East States

Car always has a hard time starting.

Car was outside and supposed to be covered all winter at a friends house, found out the cover blew off some months ago and my "friend" never told me.

I go over with a freshly charged battery and hook it up. Tun key and all I hear is clicking. Place my battery charger on it and wait a couple of minutes and I get a slow crank, wait about 1/2 hour it tries to start and the battery goes dead (Oh I kept the battery charger on and set to the start mode.) Could it be bad ground from being outside all winter?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
markb
post Mar 16 2009, 01:15 PM
Post #2

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

Check you tranny ground strap
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
helios
post Mar 16 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,055
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I would certainly take a look at the chassis and engine grounds. I cured a hot start issue I was having by running new heavy gauge ground wires to the chassis and engine.

You can test the engine ground w/ a set of jumper cables. Hook the neg cable to the neg battery terminal and the other end to the engine/trans case for ground. Do not hook either positive clamp. By doing this you are bypassing the existing engine ground. If it starts right up, then you will need to either clean or replace your existing ground wire.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 03:14 PM