Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Component speakers, Advice on placement?
tat2dphreak
post Feb 26 2004, 09:19 AM
Post #21

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hargrey, I agree with you in many points, but being non-obtrusive to the interior is an important factor... I would think anyway... and the pillars are the best place to do that ... perhaps a lower(almost dash level) point would be better for out cars... when I used them before, the component they were paired with was in the dash.... if you want, ninefourteener, you can measure to keep distances equal... but from what I've seen, your human ears won't make much difference... but to a sound analyzer...

as far as 12" subs... I don't think that there's room for them anywhere but the trunk(either 1)... but if you are going to push these, plan on figuring a way to power the amps well... either stiffening caps+ a high-end altenator or a completely seperate power source(2nd battery + a high power altenator) I have never used or been a fan of the sub tubes, but they can add a little "umph" to the bottom end. if you wanted to go with 8" subs rather than 12s... you would need less power (good) and you could have small enclosures for a speaker like Kicker solo-barics that would fit behind your seat(though you may have to cut the back pad, if you have the seat all the way back)

as far as dynamat... use it! it's great stuff... the generic stuff I mentioned is supposed to be just as good though, and a HELL of a lot cheaper: 14.85 for a sheet that would cost you $70 if it had the name dynamat on it! at that rate you could double the use of the other stuff and still come out better!

Clarion makes great stuff too! don't get me wrong... MB Quarts are just on a different level from EVERYTHING else... I used Alpine components in my Ranger:
2 5*7 3 ways in the rear and 5 1/4 +1" tweeter components(stock mounting places for everything except the tweeters) up front... later I added 6.5 component sets in the rear, running off the leftover from the crossover to the amp that pushed the subs(a Fosgate punch100 pushing 2 Fosgate 10" in a HUGE sealed enclosure) ... a phoenix gold 4x50w amp pushed the other 4 speakers.. with an eclispse head unit! god I had fun in that truck!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hargray2
post Feb 26 2004, 04:37 PM
Post #22

fuh-q

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,432

two 12's in a 914 would be overkill. An 8 or 10 in a sealed enclosure would be great for a 914. A custom center console sealed with the speaker facing off the passenger side would be perfect.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 10:45 AM