Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Researching 914 Ownership History & Condition Eval Pix, How to research original dealer & initial owner(s) of my `73 914-2
ConeDodger
post Mar 24 2009, 05:59 PM
Post #41

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 24 2009, 03:26 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 24 2009, 09:50 AM) *

Tom,
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) Paul really was kidding. That is just his way and the way of many others on this site. You should see the shit they give me! Just their way of welcoming you... Kind of like the guys standing around in the garage with a beer in hand... If you had been here a couple years you would be just giving it back in kind. If Paul made a mistake it was giving you crap before he knew you better...

Good luck with your project. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Maybe he should come to one of the meetings.

AHA Meeting

When is the next one? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

We could invite him but he hasn't made an asshat of himself yet

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 27 2009, 01:06 AM
Post #42

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Here's a 9/08 MT article on a possible return of the 914 by Porsche which some of you may find interesting:

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_ve..._914/index.html

Tom T
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 27 2009, 06:40 AM
Post #43

TMI....

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 24 2009, 04:59 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 24 2009, 03:26 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 24 2009, 09:50 AM) *

Tom,
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) Paul really was kidding. That is just his way and the way of many others on this site. You should see the shit they give me! Just their way of welcoming you... Kind of like the guys standing around in the garage with a beer in hand... If you had been here a couple years you would be just giving it back in kind. If Paul made a mistake it was giving you crap before he knew you better...

Good luck with your project. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Maybe he should come to one of the meetings.

AHA Meeting

When is the next one? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

We could invite him but he hasn't made an asshat of himself yet

...I looked at your AHA thread, and you guys are just nucking futs!!!! ...funny, but still F.N.!!!!

Paul is just a weeenie who can dish it - but can't take it. He just needs to stop whining. If it were reversed, I would just apologized to the guy & said no harm meant - instead he gives me the finger, which is not "friendly" banter in any universe! ...but I'll accept that he meant no harm, even if he can't say so for himself.

And after playing club & college Rugby for 26 years, I'm not exactly inexperienced in that area of dishing it out nor taking it - after I know someone.

In truth, most of the others posting here and on the other subject blogs are far more helpful than his and this ongoing defense of him, and I'm just not going to waste anymore time on this BS!

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom T
///////
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Mar 27 2009, 06:58 AM
Post #44

Small Member

Member No.: 633

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Mar 27 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #45

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658
Region Association: None

God Tom what is it with you? Were you abused as a kid? Sex change didn't take? Batteries dead in your anel probe? What? I welcomed you here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) , There was a smilie emo after my commments. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I never said anything personal until you did.

SO FUCK YOU TOMMY
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 27 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #46

TMI....

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 27 2009, 10:52 AM) *

God Tom what is it with you? Were you abused as a kid? Sex change didn't take? Batteries dead in your anel probe? What? I welcomed you here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) , There was a smilie emo after my commments. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I never said anything personal until you did.

SO FUCK YOU TOMMY

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) ...nah, sent the "anel" probe to uranus! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) geez....just thot this iz wut u liked - trash talking! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

BTW ... your first "intro" post said something like: "...if I can be of more help don't ask..." which I took not to be too neighborly...

...altho I did say I liked the boat story - remember? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

BTWW ....then your next reply flips me off, rather that just being civil & tell me you were just kidding - i.e.: without the finger!

..and everytime I kid ya back, you just explode a new set of cluster bombs! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

....so just stop beatin' it to death, will ya! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

.......& stop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) around!

....& letz stop bein' a couple of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) - unless you get off on this banter?

...nuff said, let's get on with it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
Tom T (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
///////

PS - hope there's enough (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) emotives here, that you get my drift... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) ...& let it rest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

PSS - - BTWWW - lots of us old folks[b][u] don't pay much attention to the cutsie pix in these things - like you young-uns - we just read the wordzzzzz! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

...although it iz kinda fun when your off on Friday evening with wife & kids away & nuttin else pressin!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

...and look - everyone up there agrees with me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 27 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #47

TMI....

SO FUCK YOU TOMMY

....just enjoy yourself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) ....& go look at what Porsche/VW may have up their sleevies for a 914 redu....it looks preety slick!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_ve..._914/index.html

TT
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 27 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #48

TMI....

QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Mar 27 2009, 05:58 AM) *

..glad ur enjoying the Tom & Paul show! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

...and so you won't take this wrong...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

TT
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 27 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #49

TMI....

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 20 2009, 08:23 PM) *

Okay - all seriousness aside, before I have to pull out "the comfy chair" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

...Back to a few of my orignial questions asked of all you experts out there: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

1 ...a very long shot - does anybody per chance happen to have any information on my `73 914-2.0 - VIN 4732901954 ?

It was also missing....several key options which I had thought came "standard" with the 914-2.0 in `73 based upon period Motor Trend/etc. articles - i.e.: the full set of appearance group & performance group items. However, my recent on-line reseach indicates that they could come anywhere from "standard" to full Appearance & Performance Group options (at least on German/Euro models). [ editorial add: ...PS - I looked & it only has the fuel gauge & pkg. brake light - but not the combo gauge with the oil temp. gauge on top - which most sources say would have come with it if ordered without the full A.G.]

2 ...Was this [App. & Perf. Groups setup std. on 2.0's] also true for USA - & specifically California models - in early `73 production & sold in late `72?

3 ...and what did the USA/California 914-2.0's typically/always come fit-out with [at minimim]?

4 ...I'm also seeking advice & opinions on how "true to original" to approach the restoration?

[editorial note: she's not a perfect "unmolested" car, but solid unibody & mechanicals - with 2 minor & 1 bigish "benders", engine & tranny rebuilds, 191k mi or so - I put a summary of the car history, past work & current condition in the first post fyi. ...the last biggish bender is what doomed 'er to the garage & what I now need to fix - & that $5800 quote from 5/85 is looking pretty good now!).]

5 ...and if/when it needs another engine rebuild, should I do it per "stock" 2.0L specs, or go for a FAT Performance, AutoAtlanta, etc. bore/stroke/compression "upbuilds" to 2.0-2.5L with more HP, on the original block/case number [or should I save the original engine as stock, & just find a 2.0 case to rebuild - assuming the COA says it matches] ?

...I understand that L80E "Light Ivory" was used as a base coat for the custom & color match factory &/or dealer paint jobs.

6 ...Is this true? ...and if so, then how would I tell whether the gold was a later repaint (maybe an accident?) or an "original" factory/dealer custom color?

7 ...So given the car's history & my preferences/use, does it really make that much sense to take it back to original, or go ahead and restore it as I would've wanted it - and how will each route affect its current & future "as restored" value - given its imperfect history?

[correction to fyi history - she's currently got 165HR15 Kleber's (a Michelin subsidiary) on the Rivieras. Prior to that they were always 165SR15 German Sempereits. They were one of many which came "stock" on 914's in that era, & had a great balance of tread life & handling - I felt better than Michelins or Dunlops - latter of which were very sticky but only lasted 10-20k mi.! I was looking at a bunch of banter on the tires & wheels "nailed" thread, but nobody there talked about that maker?]

8 ....Does anyone know if they still make Sempereits anymore? ...are they still around?

Again - Thanx for any constructive help, opinions, advice, etc.! [...and to those who've already offered some....]

Tom T
Orange, CA

PS - It'll be a couple of weeks before I can devote a weekend to pulling some of the stuff outa the ole garage to roll 'er out to take & post digi-Pix.

...I'll also try to find some old "paper" photos of her in better days to scan & post, and maybe even the other color schemes she's worn!

...& my COA was faxed to Porsche in Atlanta on Wednesday - so maybe I'll have it by then too!?

...in the meantime, I'm looking for rollers & DEs for donors, & trying to price up those key parts I'll need to get new.

....oh - & as soon as my mechanic Hans (real name) recovers from hip surgey (one or so too many times he'd lifted a 4-block & moved it by himself!), then I can get an estimate on what it will take to recussitate her mechanically as well!

Hope to have 'er running by Summer 2010 or sooner!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

///////end of old quotes + new "insertions"
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ...the latter was worded especially for my bud Paulie, Mr. So.Cal.914 in Desert/Jersey! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Please see my inserted comments & rehashed Questions within my revised post above in the quote ^
Thanx!
Tom T
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 27 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #50

TMI....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) By the way - how do they come up with this "newbie", "senior", "custom", etc. "rankings" or "ratings" or whatever they are on our respective poster's info.?

...is it the number of times somebody's posted here? ..or time elapsed since joining up?

- cuz I can see where a lot of inane & meaningless posts can "earn" a misleading "ranking" or "rating"!

...or is it how long you've been in & around the 914's?

- and if that's the case, how can I be a "newbie" when I've owned my `73 914-2.0 for 33+ plus years, since 2/76!?

I mean, I'm just curious if I did something wrong when I set up my profile & should I change it? ...and if so, how????? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Also, does anyone know where the May `09 WCR is being held in Irvine, which is in my neck of the woods here in The OC?

...even if mine isn't drivable by then - I'd still like to come & check it all out, since I've never been to one. I'm sure my 20 year old son would enjoy it too, & we can bring one of our other "oldie but classics"!

Thanx in advance,
Tom T (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
Orange, CA
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 1 2009, 01:40 AM
Post #51

TMI....

...Back to a few of my orignial questions asked of all you experts out there: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Thanx!
Tom T
///////

Another couple of parts related questions:

1.) Can I use a pre-73 chrome front bumper & just drill out the holes to mount the 2 - 73/74 "rubber baby buggy bumpers" ("tits")?

2.) Will the front & rear body panels/bulkheads (behind & above the F & R bumpers) work from any year in my `73 ?? ...are they pretty much standard?

Thanx,
Tom T
///////
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Apr 1 2009, 08:37 AM
Post #52

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 27 2009, 07:12 PM) *

Thanx!
Tom T
///////

1.) Can I use a pre-73 chrome front bumper & just drill out the holes to mount the 2 - 73/74 "rubber baby buggy bumpers" ("tits")?

2.) Will the front & rear body panels/bulkheads (behind & above the F & R bumpers) work from any year in my `73 ?? ...are they pretty much standard?

Thanx,
Tom T
///////

I'll chime in, yes you can use a early style bumper but it won't have the reinforceing metal for the tits. Good early chrome bumpers are hard to find too.

All back body panels are the same.

I'd get the color back to original from the factory whatever it was..

As for the engine, I have it refreshed with a Raby cam and lifters, the heads rebuilt by Len at HAM so it was up to date and the valve seats won't fall out on you.

Remember, you are in the "Garage" so just like a real garage standing around talking to other guys there is always some "joker" who is going to talk shit to you.

Go meet everyone at the WCR09 and make friends as friends are the ones who help you to source parts alot of which are NLA.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

Newbies are newbies...
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Apr 1 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #53

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Awesome use of clickables!!!! Welcome Tom. You can hold your own!!! You'll be just fine...

BTW - I have 74 2.0 that came with the center console, black bumpers, vinyl, no sway bars. My understanding is that '73 2.0s were mostly fully equipped (called the"S"). The radio antennas were definately added by the dealers, as some are on the driver side, some on the pass. Your car may have been ordered as a strippy by the dealer too, because price point was a serious issue of contention for the lowly 914. Other than that, my knowledge is worthless.

Good luck on your quest.

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 27 2009, 05:55 PM) *

SO FUCK YOU TOMMY

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) ...nah, sent the "anel" probe to uranus! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) geez....just thot this iz wut u liked - trash talking! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

BTW ... your first "intro" post said something like: "...if I can be of more help don't ask..." which I took not to be too neighborly...

...altho I did say I liked the boat story - remember? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

BTWW ....then your next reply flips me off, rather that just being civil & tell me you were just kidding - i.e.: without the finger!

..and everytime I kid ya back, you just explode a new set of cluster bombs! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

....so just stop beatin' it to death, will ya! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

.......& stop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) around!

....& letz stop bein' a couple of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) - unless you get off on this banter?

...nuff said, let's get on with it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
Tom T (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
///////

PS - hope there's enough (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) emotives here, that you get my drift... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) ...& let it rest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

PSS - - BTWWW - lots of us old folks[b][u] don't pay much attention to the cutsie pix in these things - like you young-uns - we just read the wordzzzzz! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

...although it iz kinda fun when your off on Friday evening with wife & kids away & nuttin else pressin!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

...and look - everyone up there agrees with me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
///////

+Quote Post
914werke
post Apr 1 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #54

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 23 2009, 08:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Roy @ Mar 23 2009, 04:26 PM) *

At #1954, it also would have the newer and better post #1000 door structure/design.
///////end

Actually, most (but not all) guys prefer the earlier (lightweight) doors with the later scissor style window regulators. I believe this is a feature unique to the 'early' 73's.

Given the flex already in the roadster design, some feel that the 5 or so pounds more is well worth the added strength & flex resistance that the later doors provide (so long as the rest of the unibody is solid, that is).

Tom T
///////

Uh they are considerably more than 5LBS more a door (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

And as to converting ..not gonna happen. Early doors are significantly different than mid to late doors. The up side is if you desire a later version just find a doner and bolt them on.
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Apr 1 2009, 10:47 PM
Post #55

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

I have seen early doors with scissor window mechs and no side guards but never early doors with side guards and early cable windows mechs...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Apr 2 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 9,867

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 20 2009, 10:48 PM) *

...and a very long shot - does anybody per chance happen to have any information on my `73 914-2.0 - VIN 4732901954 ?

Well it was made in 1973, in Germany, from steel with good rust potential. Made from mostly German parts. It took a long boat ride in its youth, with others of its kind. It found a new home in the USA and has been there ever sense.

If I can be more help don't bother asking. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Definitely the AH of this thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) Well I hope all goes well with you 914 restoration. I just purschased one 2 days ago n will soon be working on it. It's also a 73 2.0FI here is the link to my thread I started on it
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=94206
James
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 3 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #57

TMI....

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 23 2009, 08:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Roy @ Mar 23 2009, 04:26 PM) *

At #1954, it also would have the newer and better post #1000 door structure/design.
///////end

Actually, most (but not all) guys prefer the earlier (lightweight) doors with the later scissor style window regulators. I believe this is a feature unique to the 'early' 73's.

Given the flex already in the roadster design, some feel that the 5 or so pounds more is well worth the added strength & flex resistance that the later doors provide (so long as the rest of the unibody is solid, that is).

Tom T
///////

Uh they are considerably more than 5LBS more a door (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

And as to converting ..not gonna happen. Early doors are significantly different than mid to late doors. The up side is if you desire a later version just find a doner and bolt them on.

I stand corrected - the actual total weight gain WITH the side reinforcing bars is 110#. I was really referring to the non-reinforced early switch-over style found in non-California 914s, which is what the other poster seemed to be referring to by early doors with scissor regulators.

Tom T
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 3 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #58

TMI....

QUOTE(Rob Ways @ Apr 1 2009, 12:09 PM) *

Awesome use of clickables!!!! Welcome Tom. You can hold your own!!! You'll be just fine...

BTW - I have 74 2.0 that came with the center console, black bumpers, vinyl, no sway bars. My understanding is that '73 2.0s were mostly fully equipped (called the"S"). The radio antennas were definately added by the dealers, as some are on the driver side, some on the pass. Your car may have been ordered as a strippy by the dealer too, because price point was a serious issue of contention for the lowly 914. Other than that, my knowledge is worthless.

Good luck on your quest.

Thanx & Thanx Rob,

My understanting too, was that all `73 2.0's came with at least both of the full Appearance & Performance Groups' options, and I just scarfed a mint sales brochure on-line that indicated that too (and referred to it as the "914 S" - but mine is tagged 914-2.0 as are all). And to think that 36 year old marketing "throw-away" was free, & I just paid for it!!!!

Certainly all of the MT, C&D, etc. articles of the day said so..but then those dealers can be tricky ole' b**turds! If it came from the one here in OC - it used to be called Chick Iverson VW - Porsche/Audi - but everyone around just call them "Jyp Iverson" (not sure of that spelling for "jyp" as in jyp you outta something).

My understanding on your 74 2L & all from that model year, is that they let more of them out with a wider range of options for that price point you were talking about. ....and back then, we on the Left (West) Coast had a $1000 shipping add-on to boot!

So yours probably was ordered with only the Appearance Group & not the Performance Group (sway bars, etc.). Fortunately from 73 on I think that they all had the hard points on for adding the F&R sway bars, so you could always add them. They REALLY help keep 'em flat in the corners!

My antenna is on driver's side front fender (mechanical, but I'll probably go with a new AM/FM/CD unit & electric antenna for now, & hold onto the AM/FM/8-Track until I can get it fixed/rehab'ed, then...?

Porsche called/e-mailed today that the COA is done & expect it in 3-4 weeks (I guess they like to collect the "float" interest on my card while I wait). Unfortunately i just noticed that it will NOT tell me the standard equipment, but only the options, so i won't get any definitive answer, & their e-mail in answer to my not on the app. for the dealer asaid it's too old to know that! ...geez - I still have my business records from the `70's, but then I'm paranoid of the IRS!

Tom T
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 3 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #59

TMI....

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 1 2009, 07:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 27 2009, 07:12 PM) *

Thanx!
Tom T
///////

Thanx,
Tom T
///////

I'll chime in, yes you can use a early style bumper but it won't have the reinforceing metal for the tits. Good early chrome bumpers are hard to find too.

All back body panels are the same.

I'd get the color back to original from the factory whatever it was..

As for the engine, I have it refreshed with a Raby cam and lifters, the heads rebuilt by Len at HAM so it was up to date and the valve seats won't fall out on you.

Remember, you are in the "Garage" so just like a real garage standing around talking to other guys there is always some "joker" who is going to talk shit to you.

Go meet everyone at the WCR09 and make friends as friends are the ones who help you to source parts alot of which are NLA.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

Newbies are newbies...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif)

....okay, as I ass'd before (sp? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ) -- where is the WCR09 going to be held????

I can read the banner that it's in Irvine - but where in Irvine???? Anyone have a clue as to the actual site?

If on one of the 2 closed Marine Air Stations here, that would make sense - in order to use the old runways & tarmacks for AX, but I can't think of anywhere else here for those events!?

Tom T
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 3 2009, 01:54 AM
Post #60

TMI....

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 1 2009, 11:10 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 20 2009, 10:48 PM) *

...and a very long shot - does anybody per chance happen to have any information on my `73 914-2.0 - VIN 4732901954 ?

Well it was made in 1973, in Germany, from steel with good rust potential. Made from mostly German parts. It took a long boat ride in its youth, with others of its kind. It found a new home in the USA and has been there ever sense.

If I can be more help don't bother asking. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Definitely the AH of this thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) Well I hope all goes well with you 914 restoration. I just purschased one 2 days ago n will soon be working on it. It's also a 73 2.0FI here is the link to my thread I started on it
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=94206
James

Saw your post & left you a few tid-bits James, but ignore the instrument one (others before me had it nailed) - except that if you wanted to return to `73 look, go hunting for the silver center button style.

When I get mine done in......??, my son & I may take her on a run from SoCal to Sallisaw, so I'll let you know & hook up on our way thru (around) OKC!

Happy Hammerin'! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:12 AM