Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> front spring rate question?
brant
post Jan 9 2003, 10:01 AM
Post #1

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I'm not exactly sure where to start with this one..
Let me tell ya where I'm coming from...
On the rear suspension... I've been told to increase spring rate when I step up to a non-poly spherical type bearing.
I was told that without the drag of the poly bushings, I would need to go up 100ish lbs to compensate for that drag.... and keep close to the same effect suspension rate back there.

So... Here is the actual question. If the above is true, would it not then be true that with a front bearing suspension (like Mike Muellers).. that the front spring rates (be it torsion or coil over) would also need to go up....
In order to keep the front rear balance...

Brad..... On the track only cars you set up with 300... 400... rear springs... what kind of front spring rate do you end up with...

somewhere I once saw a conversion chart to compare torsion bar milimeters to coil spring foot pounds.

brant
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
brant   front spring rate question?   Jan 9 2003, 10:01 AM
mskala   Brant, First I have to say that I don't unders...   Jan 9 2003, 02:19 PM
mskala   Oops, here's the old post: ----- Original Mess...   Jan 9 2003, 02:21 PM
Brad Roberts   Brant, 4 or 6 cyl car ?? I run anywhere from 250...   Jan 9 2003, 03:45 PM
brant   Mark, that is exactly the old email I was thinki...   Jan 9 2003, 03:49 PM
Brad Roberts   Your on the right track. Problem is: the drag is ...   Jan 9 2003, 03:54 PM
brant   Brad, In your expert experience... lets say its...   Jan 9 2003, 04:21 PM
Brad Roberts   Yes on a 6cyl car. No on a 4cyl car. The sixes te...   Jan 10 2003, 07:37 PM
campbellcj  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 05:29 PM