Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Insurance: classic vs. antique vs. standard
jtf914
post Feb 26 2004, 04:07 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 58
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(DuckRyder @ Feb 26 2004, 04:22 PM)
You do realize that SF writes a "Collector Car policy" (At least in most States)

Watch "Stated Value" policies, they are not always "Agreed Value". If you buy an agreed value policy the declarations page should say some thing like:

"Vehicle value is 9500.00" - "Limit of Physical damage coverage is 9500.00"

If it says something like:

"Estimated vehicle value is 9500.00, settle on ACV"

The estimated value won't do you much good, but the company will charge premium based on it.

Be careful with SF, I'm insured with them, I set up an Agreed Value policy with them, and then after hearing some SF "Agreed Value" horror stories, I called and starting asking questions again. After 10 minutes of giving me the run around he says: "Well technically, we don't do "Agreed Value" policies, but we'll check the market, and fight to get you as much money as we can if something happens to your car."

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)

Maybe SF does them some places, hell, my agent told me mine was for two years. CYA.......
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
seanery
post Feb 26 2004, 04:47 PM
Post #22

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

After talking with Hagerty, especially since they'll insure the race car. I'll switch to them. For me to insure both cars and have the highest limits they do (see my previous pic #2) was $420/year and that listed the -4 at $10,000 and the race car at $15,000. I know I've more than that in the race car, but that's what it would probably sell for in it's current condition (IMHO).
+Quote Post
DuckRyder
post Feb 26 2004, 05:53 PM
Post #23

Avatars Mode: OFF because of the recalcitrant few.

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 110

QUOTE(Justin Fischer @ Feb 26 2004, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE(DuckRyder @ Feb 26 2004, 04:22 PM)
You do realize that SF writes a "Collector Car policy" (At least in most States)

Watch "Stated Value" policies, they are not always "Agreed Value". If you buy an agreed value policy the declarations page should say some thing like:

"Vehicle value is 9500.00" - "Limit of Physical damage coverage is 9500.00"

If it says something like:

"Estimated vehicle value is 9500.00, settle on ACV"

The estimated value won't do you much good, but the company will charge premium based on it.

Be careful with SF, I'm insured with them, I set up an Agreed Value policy with them, and then after hearing some SF "Agreed Value" horror stories, I called and starting asking questions again. After 10 minutes of giving me the run around he says: "Well technically, we don't do "Agreed Value" policies, but we'll check the market, and fight to get you as much money as we can if something happens to your car."

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)

Maybe SF does them some places, hell, my agent told me mine was for two years. CYA.......

What does your declarations page say?
+Quote Post
ldino21
post Feb 27 2004, 05:50 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 316

Realize that a Hagerty Insurance policy requires that the vehicle to be insured is not your primary vehicle and that you have insurance on your Primary vehicle. They ask for company and policy number.

If this is the case for you Hagerty is a great Classic Car policy, it is not too limiting, you can put how much mileage you are actually driving the car.

If you need more info let me know!!

Lou Smaldino
Smaldino Insurance Agency
+Quote Post
ldino21
post Feb 27 2004, 05:56 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 316

With regards to Stated Value policies:

If you buy a stated value policy you need to make sure that your Stated Value is correct. Anyone can walk into an office and say I want a $20,000 Stated Value policy on my Ford Pinto and some agent might sell it to you, but that doesn't mean you are going to get $20,000 if that car gets mysteriously stolen or something.

With every insurance policy in California, YOU need to be able to prove the value of your vehicle, the best way to do this is to get an APPRAISAL!!

Pictures, receipts and Service Records help, but an Appraisal is better!!

An appraisal is considered a disinterested 3rd party when it comes to settling up with an insurance company, and it usually gives a pretty acurate value. Most Body shops, or Dealerships can point you in the direction of a good Appraiser.

Good Luck

Lou Smaldino
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:33 PM