Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Psssst; Hey Buddy, Wanta see a picture of a naked relay?
76-914
post Mar 31 2009, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Had a defective relay so I opened it up. Might be of interest or not.
First pic (top view) shows copper lead from #30 pin to solder terminal and just to the right of that is the attach point for the tensioning spring which keeps it in a normally open position with it's relationship to #30.Attached Image
Next pic shows side view of contact points. The pin on the left is #87 and the pin on the right is#87a. Notice the double contacts and that it is currently in contact with #87a. One contactor point above and one below with the plate contactor (which #30 is soldered to) in between, moving between these 2 points. I guess that would make it a double throw switch of sorts. In it's non-energized state #30 contacts #87a. When energized the electro magnet pulls the contactor plate down and away, breaking contact with#87a and connecting to #87. Attached Image
The 3rd pic is a side view of spring attach points and copper lead from #30 pin. Of the 3 front pins, the center pin is #30, the one to the right of it is the infamous "I ain't got no voltage here" #86 and of course the one on the left side is #86.Attached Image
One last thing. The #85 & #86 pin positions are flip flopped on the relay pictured on pg. 161 (in the Hayne's "Keep Trying Manual") from those pictured on pg's 147 and 154. Really?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 12:23 AM