Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Caliper Bleeder Question, Speed vs non
jim_hoyland
post Apr 11 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #1

Get that VIN ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

How can you tell speed bleeders from regular ? I have one with a good size hole that I can blow air through easily and another with a smaller hole that I can barely blow air through.

While bleeding the brakes, I ended up putting the larger holed bleeders in so the fluid come through. I used a pressurized pump that attaches to the resivoir
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Apr 11 2009, 03:24 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407
Region Association: None

Speed bleeders have a check valve in them. When you open the bleeder the check valve will not let any fluid out till you push on the brake peddle and will then close when you let off the pedal. It makes bleeding the brakes a one man job. I don't like pressurizing the reservoir because the supply lines from the res. to the master cylinder are designed for static pressure. If you apply too much pressure to the res. it might leak.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 07:21 PM