Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> EFI vs Carbs, This will start a crap storm
ellisor3
post Apr 16 2009, 06:28 AM
Post #1

HPWhore

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,683
Region Association: South East States

I inherited a pair of Zenith carbs on my six conversion I purchased last year. Yes that is Zenith, not PMO or Weber-Zenith. The set-up was done by Motor Scheister several years ago by the PO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) . I have been working with these for the last month to get them tuned and sync'd. I can not for the life of me get them right. They will idle ok but at acceleration they backfire or vise versa. They were rebuilt at AA back in the summer, but that did not solve the problem. No exhaust leak, new plug and the same problems. Some adjustments don't have any effect at all on the set-up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) I am at my wits-end on these damn things.

Anyway my delima is whether I should replace the Carb's with PMO or Weber or simply junk the carb idea and move to EFI. Here are some of my considerations, but wanted some I may have missed.

1.) Cost of Carb PMO's $3500
2.) Cost of EFI ??
3.) Ease of adjusting/reliability-EFI
4.) I live in Florida so high humidity-EFI??
5.) Fuel efficency-EFI
6.) Acceleration-Wash??

Thanks for your input

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 01:20 AM