Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Less the horn button - IT"S DONE! (No PC), 6 years into this pile of junk....
Katmanken
post May 1 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #21

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Group: Members
Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Purdy car....

Very well done....

I worked with an optical physicist who was a Jaguar nut. He had an XK-120, a black concours XKE-V12 (the brute), and a concours XKE-6 "ladies" car. Don was the best car restorer I have ever met. After his restorations, he got 99.something in the concours weenie circuit.

Don called Jags an inspired POS. He claimed it was 3 hours of mantenance for every hour of driving.........

but OMG what an hour....

His wife called them mistresses....

Don bought the XK 120 by being the first caller to respond to an ad in Hemmings. The PO went on a first called basis and really liked the work Don had done to the black XKE V-12. Don bought an XK 120 car that was stripped of paint and in primer, a rust free , perfectly straight car with the wheels attached, and with all the pieces in labeled bags. Photo albums of the dissasembly were included with notes indicating where the loose parts went.

The PO went to England a lot on businines, picked up a lot of hard to find parts, and brought them back. The PO refused to sell the car to a hack, and thought Don would do the job right. I think Don got the car for $10k, and the PO even trucked it to Don's house.

There was an XK150 (I think) that used to park on Campus. It had a factory plaque on the dash that said... "This car is a replica. Tis car is not the original car that won at Le Mans, but is an exact factory replica." Must have been a factory copy of the Le Mans car. Don knew what it was and said "Rare car".

Yours is a beauty, savor each hour in her...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Ken
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
seanery
post May 1 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #22

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) Great Job!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 10:57 PM