Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> which starter
superman73
post May 15 2009, 08:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,358
Region Association: South East States

i have a 72 914 1.7 liter 5-speed. i bought it as a non running project from someone else. the starter that was on it didnt work and i bought one from the local parts store. the one he looked up was different than the one i removed. the one i removed was for an automatic he said and he sold me one for a manual and it wont spin on the car like its in a bind. so which one am i supposed to have? the automatic one is part number: 16450 and the manual is: 16300. i think it shows the 16300 for later year 914's with the 1.8 and 2.0 engines and doesnt specify manual or automatic. maybe the tranny was swapped at sometime, but it is a tail shift tranny, but doesnt have the hole for the starter bushing up in the mounting hole by the engine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:09 AM