Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to jet an aftermarket cam, #91 Webcam
Kansas 914
post May 21 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 373
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

The symptoms (with 2 different sets of carbs Webers and EMPI same jettings) were the same. It will sit and idle at 1000 RPM with no problem (after a warm up) but is boggy on the low end under load - really have to keep the revs up to pull away from a stop light. Slight throttle increase after rolling creates a studder. Stomp it (WOT) and it runs great - pulls strong. It is like the throttle is an on/off switch, all or nothing - not much in between!!

I think I am close with the jetting but still not quite right. I wonder what the timing should be on a 1.8 with carbs and the webcam? The car also has electronic ignition (Crane Fireball).

I read in depth the thread on jetting Zach's 2056 with 44 Webers. I also read a good bit on Harney's Carb Clinic (great read - printed it for reference). Using the formulas in the Harney Guide I am close based on the 28mm venturis.

Idle jets should be 1.6 X 28mm = 44.8 (mine are 50)
Main jets should be 4.1 X 28mm = 114.8 (mine are 115)

I have 1.8L with a #91 Webcam (hydraulic cam & lifters) and Dual 40MM Webers.

Here is my current Weber jetting:
Vents = 28mm
Emulsions = F11
Idles = 50
Mains = 115
Air Correction = 200

Here are the cam specs:
LIFT = .430
DURATION = 265
DURATION @ .050 Degrees = 234
DESCRIPTION = Hydraulic grind for high performance street engines. Not recommended for engines with fuel-injection.

TIMING CARD:
Attached Image

As always your thoughts are appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 01:14 PM