Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possible Location
ClayPerrine
post May 23 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #1

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Degray Lake Resort State Park

It is about 30 minutes south of Hot Springs.

I have it from a reliable source that it can accommodate car clubs.

Take a look and see what you think.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post May 23 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #2

Hummmm!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,028
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 23 2009, 05:53 PM) *

Degray Lake Resort State Park

It is about 30 minutes south of Hot Springs.

I have it from a reliable source that it can accommodate car clubs.

Take a look and see what you think.

I have played golf many times at the State Park at DeGray. Have never looked at the resort though. My dad has parked his RV there so I will see if I can get any insight. 30 minutes is about right north up 7 to HS. Good place to eat called Jason's between DeGay and HS. Also real good fish place on 7 at DeGray. It will be kinda in the middle of nowhere might be a drawback but it is right on I-30.

Looks pretty good from the brochure. It might be best to not be in HS because of traffic concerns? It will be busy in HS eventho it will be off season there. No Horse racing and the summer crowd will be slowing down in Sept.

KP
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
post May 25 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #3

Hummmm!!!

Spoke with my dad and he said the Lodge is real nice. He does not know of any Park restrictions, ie. 10 PM quite time, no alchohol permitted. These are the kind of things that we really need to find out with it being a state park. Having to much fun on Thur night might make it a big hassle on Fri/Sat

It is a dry county. It would be the extreme south end of the two drives.

Still checking on something on the water in HS.

The Arlington would be the signature hotel to get. It is HS. They have a roof top on the garage but for the car show I thought with it being PCA sponsered the HS police might give us a row of parking spots in front of bath house row or across street from hotel or they might block a parking lot especially if we did it early say on FriSat AM.

Just throwing stuff against the wall

Have a safe Memorial Day
KP
+Quote Post
jt914-6
post May 26 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #4

Driving & working on teeners 41 years

Member No.: 9,003

The Lake Hamilton Resort on Hy. 270 has been used in the past. It has a decent parking lot that they have roped off in the past for us, meeting rooms, a resturant inside, indoor/outdoor swimming pools, a bar, and a great seafood resturant across the street. I haven't stayed there for a while and don't know the condition of it. I could check on it and see what they say.......????
+Quote Post
post May 26 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #5

Hummmm!!!

Couple of places on the lake in town. I was thinking we discussed LHResort was not there anymore? I don't see them searching hotels thru the HS Chamber.

Baymont Inns & Suites
5321 Central Avenue
Hot Springs, AR 71913
Phone:
(501) 520-5522
Fax:
(501) 520-4432
http://www.baymontinns.com/Baymont/control...istFromArea=6.3

Clarion Resort on the Lake
4813 Central Ave
Hot Springs, AR 71913
Phone:
(501) 525-1391
Fax:
(501) 525-0813
http://www.hotspringsclarion.com/

Sorry if the links don't work. Everything else on the water that I see is not hotel like. Both would be plenty close to all that JT mentioned.

Ron-it was real nice meeting you in Bryant. Look forward the seeing you again. Maybe i'll get to meet JT before to look, too.

KP

+Quote Post
post May 27 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #6

Hummmm!!!

Will try and have price/amenity breakdown on 4 places that have been mentioned by Friday.

DeGray (Booked that wkend with Square Dancer's) both bookend wkends are taken also
Arlington
Clarion
Baymont

Added DeGray note.....
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 27 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #7

It does not necessary to have the hotel on the water. Just so they have a big parking lot, a hospitality suite, and a banquet room.

And a Bar.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
+Quote Post
post May 28 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #8

Hummmm!!!

Proposals and maps(was to big for me to upload)....should not be a problem starting 17th and not 18th as shown on attached.

Attached File  MUSR_Hotel_Proposels.pdf ( 231.74k ) Number of downloads: 43

Clarion was a little vaque on what they got. Baymont could be filled on tenative weekend. Arlington would have alot of charactor.

Clarion and Arlington have all items you mention above, Clay. Looks like Baymont might be a little slack on parking from aerials.

Looks like Arlington would be the best at taking care of us as a group?

KP

Clay-PM me your email and I will send maps.

+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 28 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #9

Just send me stuff at clay.perrine@gmail.com.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
pcar916
post May 30 2009, 04:27 PM
Post #10

Is that a Lola?

Member No.: 4,188
Region Association: None

I know where all three of these places are and have the following to report:

1. The Baymont and the Clarion are fairly close together on Central Avenue out on the west side of town. Out there we are close to some good roads a good variety of restaurants, and a big shopping mall. I don't remember the Clarion parking, but the Baymont is a rather large lot and it's closer to the countryside. I don't know what it would be like when the place is at full capacity. There is a one of the best food places in HS 2 minutes away from there.

2. The Arlington is in the middle of downtown Hot Springs. From a historical perspective it's the bomb. Food is plentiful and varied around the hotel, and access to the centrally located "Scenic Overlook" (I don't remember what it's actually called) is easy. Parking is difficult outside of the hotel parking facilities but at the hotel, all cars would be under a roof. Organizing a string of cars from down there involves forming up on the outskirts of town and riding from there. Driving downtown is generally difficult with many traffic lights.

Lots, if not most, of the Arlington parking is in a parking structure a block or so from the hotel. Access to driving roads is about 10 to 20 minutes in most directions. There is a nice restaurant inside the Arlington and it's a really big one.

~Ron
+Quote Post
post May 31 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #11

Hummmm!!!

QUOTE(pcar916 @ May 30 2009, 05:27 PM) *

1. The Baymont and the Clarion are fairly close together on Central Avenue out on the west side of town. Out there we are close to some good roads a good variety of restaurants, and a big shopping mall. I don't remember the Clarion parking, but the Baymont is a rather large lot and it's closer to the countryside. I don't know what it would be like when the place is at full capacity. There is a one of the best food places in HS 2 minutes away from there.

2. The Arlington is in the middle of downtown Hot Springs. From a historical perspective it's the bomb. Food is plentiful and varied around the hotel, and access to the centrally located "Scenic Overlook" (I don't remember what it's actually called) is easy. Parking is difficult outside of the hotel parking facilities but at the hotel, all cars would be under a roof. Organizing a string of cars from down there involves forming up on the outskirts of town and riding from there. Driving downtown is generally difficult with many traffic lights.

Lots, if not most, of the Arlington parking is in a parking structure a block or so from the hotel. Access to driving roads is about 10 to 20 minutes in most directions. There is a nice restaurant inside the Arlington and it's a really big one.

~Ron

Good report, Ron....

I have thought about traffic and there are back roads from Arlington to Hwy 70(W. Mountian Dr) which could be worked out. Miss all downtown traffic lights. It is easy access to 7 north. We want to stay off 7 in HS as much as we can.

The Baymont is out. They are takin that weekend.

I am going to get a final proposal from Clarion and Arlington.

Ron, Is the Back Porch the eating place you are talking about?
+Quote Post
pcar916
post Jun 2 2009, 08:08 AM
Post #12

Is that a Lola?

QUOTE(7275914911 @ May 31 2009, 06:35 PM) *

QUOTE(pcar916 @ May 30 2009, 05:27 PM) *

~Ron

Good report, Ron....

I have thought about traffic and there are back roads from Arlington to Hwy 70(W. Mountian Dr) which could be worked out. Miss all downtown traffic lights. It is easy access to 7 north. We want to stay off 7 in HS as much as we can.

The Baymont is out. They are takin that weekend.

I am going to get a final proposal from Clarion and Arlington.

Ron, Is the Back Porch the eating place you are talking about?

Got it! It's "Jason's Burger's and More". Actually they have a big menu and it's all good that I've eaten. Maybe 5 minutes from the Clarion, traffic allowing. Central Avenue is a zoo sometimes.

http://www.hotspringstips.com/burgers_n_more_jasons.htm

Here's a Yahoo map/satellite pix of it and it's parking lot on Amity road just off of Central (Hwy 7)

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=34.42...520ar%252071913

Gotta get back on this tranny! java script:emoticon(':welder:',%20'smid_59')
~Ron
+Quote Post
post Jun 2 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #13

Hummmm!!!

QUOTE(pcar916 @ Jun 2 2009, 09:08 AM) *

Got it! It's "Jason's Burger's and More".

Best Damn Burger in HS!!

Back Porch is a steak house across street from Clarion.

This would be a great lunch spot if it could be worked in the middle of a drive. I had mentioned it I believe in post 2 in this thread.
Great minds think alike....LOL

KP
+Quote Post
pcar916
post Jun 2 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #14

Is that a Lola?

Why yes you did... back back before I remembered the name. We'd have to let them know we were comin' but the back room is big enough for sure.

and yes, Central (7) is a slow rolling road (read, air cooled doesn't like it) until you get out past Jason's, but there is some good driving out yonder.

~Ron
+Quote Post
post Jun 3 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #15

Hummmm!!!

Looks like it is down to the Clarion. The Arlington can not seem to accomadate us on Thur. night.

I have attached a Banquet menu here from Clarion. Does not look to bad. Maybe the Two Item Buffet?

I feel like we probaly need to move on this soon. They have roughly 90 rooms available as of yesterday.

I think from conversation with Rusty 30 rooms should be tops to reserve?

Attached File  ClarionBanqMenus.pdf ( 132.58k ) Number of downloads: 40

KP
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:05 PM