Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My 914 is driving me insane, not so happy about having it anymore.
rdracrdave
post Mar 3 2004, 03:22 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 653

One more thing, SOME coils arent marked positive(+), or negitive(-), but are marked with the factory Designation of, 15(+), and 1 (-).
If you are working on the electrical system,there are some basic 914 wiring clues that may help;

Any relay , coil ,ect that has a 15 next to the terminal will have power only when the ignition switch is in the "on" position .
The wire color will always be black ,or black with a "tracer" color.
Any component that has a 30 next to it has power directly from the battery and is "hot" all the time.
The wire color will always be red, or red with a tracer color.
Any Component that has a 50 next to it is only hot when the ignition switch is in the cranking position.
This wire will always be red with a black tracer.
Any other questions, just pm me for other information, remember that these wire colors are only for the factory wiring and not for wiring that other people have added.
Good Luck,
Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RocknRollFrenzy
post Mar 3 2004, 05:13 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,305

another thing to check is that your battery is connected properly. i made the mistake of assuming that red was positive (it wasn't) the day i got my car, and fried the alternator before i even had a chance to turn the key. luckily i only had to drive the car 4 miles to get it home, and it was light out. it doesnt sound like this is the problem (too many other things would be cookin' also) but it never hurts to check. the best advice i can give you as a semi-proficient car guy getting into his first 914 is to tripple check everything you do. these things are totally different than anything else you've ever worked on.
+Quote Post
weird_looking_cactus
post Mar 4 2004, 06:13 PM
Post #23

Cactus

Member No.: 1,660

Thanks guys for all the support it really keep me going on trying to figure out what the problem was. I got my 1975 2.0 running again. It runs better this time then when I last had it running. My whole problem was I didn't even have the point gab it was stucked closed. haha Im going to take this leason in as a learning experience. But the number one pistion is still not working. Im not sure if its cause the car is not timed right or if its the valves need to be adjusted or somthing along that line but the car still has lots of power.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Mar 4 2004, 07:21 PM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Glad you got it working! Check and re-check and the answer will eventually appear. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

FYI, running a car with a dead cylinder is a good way to kill an engine. Especially if you're young and like to drive fast. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 04:27 AM