Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Targa Top Latches, What is correct for my '73?
scrz914
post Jun 12 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960
Region Association: Central California

I realized recently that I have differences in my right and left Targa top latches on my '73. It was originally a 1.7. I don't think it came with the appearance pkg.
The passenger side latch is chromed with the exception of the handle and clamp, which are plastic coated. The surround is plastic (seen on the rollbar pad). The other latch looks like it was originally painted black with the surround being metal.
My guess is that the chrome and metal surround were from an earlier version as the Porsche/VW converted to more plastic trim from '73 on.
Can anyone confirm what should be correct for my '73?

I should clarify that I'm talking about the rear latches.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jun 12 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(scrz914 @ Jun 12 2009, 12:21 PM) *

I realized recently that I have differences in my right and left Targa top latches on my '73. It was originally a 1.7. I don't think it came with the appearance pkg.
The passenger side latch is chromed with the exception of the handle and clamp, which are plastic coated. The surround is plastic (seen on the rollbar pad). The other latch looks like it was originally painted black with the surround being metal.
My guess is that the chrome and metal surround were from an earlier version as the Porsche/VW converted to more plastic trim from '73 on.
Can anyone confirm what should be correct for my '73?

I should clarify that I'm talking about the rear latches.

This is REALLY starnge! Could you please post some pics of the questionable parts?
Pat
+Quote Post
scrz914
post Jun 12 2009, 11:25 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,960
Region Association: Central California

I'll take some pics tomorrow. I like the chrome look. Although not stock, how cool would it look if the receiver and the surround were both chrome.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:21 PM