Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How much is this going to cost? $2k ? $5k?
steve@ottosvenice.com
post Mar 4 2004, 11:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,324

I need to know so I can have so figures to use when contacting Sponsors. Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 5 2004, 08:22 AM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Sorry Steve, The sign shop is holding up the trophy pricing until like next weekend. But If I had to Guess I'd say lets budget $ 30.00 each piece. I only want to recover the cost of the materials. I have some elfs I can put to work to etch the Acrylic and make the bases. I'm guessing the cost across the range will be $ 30.00 on an average. These are custom and should be real nice to receive.

I'm looking at 19 awards from first place peoples choice, AX, distance, etc. Budget $ 600.00

Trophies should be covered in the event entry fee... no?

The Sponsors award count is undetermined at this point. Can we get 10 or so? What's your base target? Budget $ 200.00

Sponsor Awards should be covered as part of their Sponsorship...no?

The event I'm concerned about is the AX. I hope we have enough people sign up for it or were going to have to cover the shortage somehow to insure the event.

There are so many factors here yet on short time.

that's my input unless I missed something.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Mar 5 2004, 08:24 AM
Post #3

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE(steve@ottosvenice.com @ Mar 4 2004, 09:37 PM)
I need to know so I can have so figures to use when contacting Sponsors.

why?

my experience has been that sponsors give what they want to and aren't interested in what your costs are. you can never have too much sponsorship. in the unlikely event there's cash left over, you can sponsor hospitality (food & drinks) at one of the current activities. or toss more stuff into the goodie bags (a little times a lot of bags adds up quick).

i never had a sponsor ask event expenses for the WCW2002. i just told them what we were doing, who would be there, and how i'd be able to give them exposure to the event attendees. not long after, stuff showed up in boxes. it was pretty overwhelming, actually ...

just MHO - but our event costs are no one's business outside the planning committee. attendees should feel they got good value for their entry fees. sponsors should feel as if they got good exposure value for their contributions.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 5 2004, 08:40 AM
Post #4

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Mar 5 2004, 06:24 AM)
QUOTE(steve@ottosvenice.com @ Mar 4 2004, 09:37 PM)
I need to know so I can have so figures to use when contacting Sponsors.

why?

my experience has been that sponsors give what they want to and aren't interested in what your costs are. you can never have too much sponsorship. in the unlikely event there's cash left over, you can sponsor hospitality (food & drinks) at one of the current activities. or toss more stuff into the goodie bags (a little times a lot of bags adds up quick).

i never had a sponsor ask event expenses for the WCW2002. i just told them what we were doing, who would be there, and how i'd be able to give them exposure to the event attendees. not long after, stuff showed up in boxes. it was pretty overwhelming, actually ...

just MHO - but our event costs are no one's business outside the planning committee. attendees should feel they got good value for their entry fees. sponsors should feel as if they got good exposure value for their contributions.

As I haven't done the sponsor thing before. What would be a good target to shoot for when approching a potencial sponsor? What was your opening sponsor request for the WCW2002? This may help get things started.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 5 2004, 08:55 AM
Post #5

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

See my recent post in the Promotions page...

Steve these are merely my ideas...do with them as you wish. If you have better ideas go for it...
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Mar 5 2004, 09:00 AM
Post #6

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Mar 5 2004, 06:40 AM)
What would be a good target to shoot for when approaching a potential sponsor? What was your opening sponsor request for the WCW2002?

basically, i promised them all exposure commensurate with their contributions. i think i was able to deliver that.

the 'parts places' sent 914 parts, mostly.

i think i offered that for a certain amount ($250? $200?) i'd designate a 'name sponsor' for the sponsored activity. so we had the "Sho-n-Shine presented by Bill Pearce Porsche" they got their names on the trophies, the ballots, and were mentioned prominently at the banquet. we're having a few 'activities' - so for instance - we could have the "Scenic Tour Presented by Fred's Auto Detailing." they'd get their name and logo printed on the cover page and (smaller) on each individual page of the route notes. if participants receive a dash plaque for the activity, it can have "presented by..." or 'the Freds Auto Detailing Scenic Tour' ...

i'd be very surprised if very many places provide cash. i had a couple. mostly it was goods and services, and i have no doubt they wrote off the retail value rather than the cost-basis value of the promotional contribution.

i put logos and links of the supporting sponsors on the event website page. i tried to put something from each into the goodie bag - i don't think i succeeded because the goodie bags were a huge thrash at the end - but it was a goal.

i'd hope for 'stuff' in the $500 range from the places that are sending 'stuff'. Bill Pearce Porsche contributed about $650 plus the sent several people to the banquet.

i'd never done it before either, so perhaps my approach was naive.

i explained to people the benefits of the exposure, i promised them exposure proportionate to their contributions, and let them decide how much the opportunity was worth to them. i was a little personally disappointed with some contributions but the businesses made a business decision and i had to respect that. i was very surprised with some levels of participation, and it all worked out.

my suggestion is find out as early as possible what people are going to be in for, if you're going to have specific sponsorship activites (Tour, show, AX) decide what level of participation will be needed to be a "Name Sponsor". decide what that means (name on trohpies, name on banners, name on tech stickers, name on website, name on registration form, name on anything that'll stand still long enough for you to affix on there...) and price it like the opportunity it is. if it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell...

once you get an idea of the scope of your sponsorship contributions, you can decide how priminently to recognize the individual sponsors.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 5 2004, 09:12 AM
Post #7

Hey nice rack! -Celette

I that helpful Steve? I think you need an asistant.... After we get a head count you should pick someone to help you. MHO.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Mar 5 2004, 10:12 AM
Post #8

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

$30 for trophies?? Ouch. I pay $15 for simple plaques done professionally. Not meant to be a criticism, just ouch.

Don't worry about the AX. If the numbers are low, we'll run inside the GGR event and give special awards under a special run class. No problemo.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 5 2004, 02:11 PM
Post #9

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

Don't worry about the AX. If the numbers are low, we'll run inside the GGR event and give special awards under a special run class. No problemo.

All primary registered attendees will pay for the AX in their reg fee. If the AX numbers are low, then it means that the entire event attendance will be low. We diceided to do that to help ensure the success of the event and prevent too many from just watching from the sidelines. I am looking forward to the AX personally and I have never done it before. I will cancel the event if the registration numbers are too low, but I sincerely doubt that will occur. I think we will have ~40 cars and probably more in the AX. Newbies yes....but still fun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 5 2004, 03:10 PM
Post #10

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(cavwpguy @ Mar 5 2004, 08:12 AM)
$30 for trophies?? Ouch. I pay $15 for simple plaques done professionally. Not meant to be a criticism, just ouch.

I thought we were going for a more up scale award for this event. They should be nicer than a simple plaque. I'm maken um. I don't even care if I don't break even on um. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/burnout.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 11:25 PM