Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Who knows what about changing power steering pumps?, 91 F-150
dbgriffith75
post Jun 24 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #1

TheGrif

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,945
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I don't have to do it yet, but the pump in my truck is starting to go bad. I'm not entirely sure how it happened- I parked it Friday night after work. Didn't use it Sat or Sun because we used my wifes jeep to run around, and didn't drive it to work Mon or Tue because it was nice enough to drive my motorcycle.

This morning I got in it to head to work and noticed the steering was very tough- revving the engine for about 5 seconds straightened it out and I made it to work okay but it was still steering a little tough. When I went to leave, I noticed a small puddle under the truck- I added some fluid to it and it steers fine, but it has a terrible whining to it whenever I make the slightest change to the wheel. I give it a week, maybe two, and it'll need to be replaced.

Weather permitting I'll drive my motorcycle as often as I can, otherwise I'm just going to be investing in power steering fluid to get by as I can't afford a new pump just yet.

I'm sure I can change the pump itself without much trouble,[save for the knuckle scrapes and pains of 130k miles worth of driving has done] but if I'm not mistaken the system has to be bled after the pump is changed and I've never done it before so I have no idea how to do it.

Thanks in advance for the advice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 02:26 AM