Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spent Today working on 914-6 #138
carr914
post Jun 27 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #1

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

My neighbor has #138 and while a good BMW wrench, doesn't know much about 914-6s.

Today I switched out the carbs from #673 (19,000 miles), cleaned the idle circuits, changed plugs, played with wires, etc

AND got the car running like a Banshee. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) I called smg914 to let him hear what it sounded like - Night & Day.

I also gave my neighbor some interior pieces from my cars.

T.C.

ps: I will have some Weber 40IDTPs that need a rebuild for sale shortly

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sixerdon
post Jun 27 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 731

TC, this is fantastic! I own #137 and it is also canary yellow. Is there anyway you can get the build date on the sticker and chassis # in the trunk so I can compare with mine? It will also help putting the info in the World data base.
Thanks,
Don
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jun 28 2009, 07:54 AM
Post #3

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

Hi Don, I remember swapping eMails with you when I was tring to buy #138 from my neighbor. I'm sure I can get the build date off the compliance sticker, but I doubt my neighbor is going to let me take a Wire-Wheel to his trunk to get the chassis #.

When I get the build date I will send you a pm

T.C.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:05 PM