Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Working with Relays, A little help understanding...
malaga_red75
post Jul 15 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #1

'74 2.5L N/A Subie

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,674
Region Association: None

So I am using aftermarket relays for the fuel pump and the cooling fans on my subaru conversion, using the stock ECU. I have attached a picture of the relay diagram.

Attached Image

So, there are two circuits, an 'inner' circuit and an 'outer' circuit. The outer circuit is only completed when the inner circuit's electromagnet is active.

It is currently wired like this: The 'inner circuit' receives a signal from the fuel pump pin on the ECU which goes into terminal 86 on the relay. (and here is where i think it has been wired wrong), coming out of terminal 85 the wire goes into the ECU into a 12 volt power connection. This is for the 'inner' circuit which should ignite the electromagnet. --- I THINK THIS IS WRONG. ---Shouldn't the wire coming out of terminal 85 go to a ground? thus completing the inner circuit and cause the magnet to attract the arm to complete the 'outer' circuit.

I hope that wasn't too confusing, let me know. Thanks a bunch!

-Peter
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 02:16 PM