Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vallejo Ca. Grand Prix 1980 style street a/x, EXCELLENT Youtube videos 15 minutes w/ 914 action
URY914
post Jul 22 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #1

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

I friend has posted two videos that he shot of the Vallejo Ca. Grand Prix which was run through the city streets in the '80. The videos are very well done as he shot it for San Francisco's Evening Magazine. The best part starts at about 2:34 in when Gary Walton attacks the course in the black Automotion/Garritson 914-6. And there is footage from the rollbar mounted camera also.

Vettes, Cameros and open wheel formula cars racing at 100 mph down city streets lined with curbs, trees and people. People running across the street as cars are on course. Crazy times for sure and it will problably never happen again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk_HI_FKj84...re=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA4MceqWiuo...re=channel_page
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jgara962
post Jul 22 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #2

Yo, this is how I roll

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,879
Region Association: Northern California

Wow, that is great. When I got into autocrossing in the early 90's, I had heard about how the city of Vallejo did this. Considering the town in bankrupt and has nothing going for it, they should consider doing something like this again. You wouldn't even have to close down the streets - no one is there anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 03:41 PM