Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lots of blue smoke from the tailpipe., Caused by additive...or wishful thinking.
Porsche Rescue
post Aug 6 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Saving and Enjoying Old Porsches

Group: Members
Member No.: 64
Region Association: None

After solving my poor running problems and then my mysterious noise (replaced clutch and all is well), I took my first real drive in months yesterday. After about 3 miles, the engine began to lose a little power (like running on three, haven't pulled plugs or checked compression yet) and some serious blue exhuast smoke appeared. No unusual engine noises.

The only engine change since my last drive is that I added an 8 oz. bottle of zinc additve (sold for use as a break in lubricant). I had just changed oil and, since I had no Brad Penn on the shelf, figured that the additive would be a good substitute.
Any chance that it could have done something to cause serious oil burning? I know I may be dreaming, but all the other causes (broken ring, valve guide, etc.) are too unpleasant to contemplate.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:05 PM