Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dr.Evil's tranny clinic in CANADA, Possible BBQ and small show and shine
Dr Evil
post Aug 10 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #21

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

You can convert the tail, or rebuild the stack and convert it later when you are ready. Tails are good resources for parts, too.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Aug 10 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #22

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(westo2 @ Aug 7 2009, 07:36 PM) *

Well, depends on where in Ontario. Southern Ontario, I would be very interested as I would be coming from Buffalo. Of course, the wife is due at the end of September, so that may complicate things as well.

3+ hrs from Buffalo NY
Google maps: 7605 Ct. Rd. 65 Elizabethville ON Canada

Doc you said 4-5, is there a maximum # you want to teach? I'm thinking my shop won't do much more than 6 guys.

Mike Galloway and myself make 2 for sure.
PM me if you want on the list.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 10 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #23

I have fit much more into a one car garage. Dont worry about it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Rebuilding gear boxes doesnt take up much space. But, if you want to motivate people, you can always say that the first ones to speak up get the bench space and the rest get the floor....or makeshift benches (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I can get some blocks and boards to make benches if necessary.
So, nope, no maximum #. If you see the PNW folks, we are up to like 11 now.
+Quote Post
Ian Stott
post Aug 11 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 8,635

Moncton just had AC/DC and 70,000 plus attended; but you are getting Dr. Evil in your shop, giving a transmission clinic! This one upmanship has to end! Will see if I can attend, will watch this thread religiously.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
+Quote Post
MDG
post Aug 11 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #25

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018
Region Association: None

C'mon Ian, it's only 12-1/2 hours from Dieppe to Kingston. That's nothing - it's like 7 or 8 for Doug just to drive down from Timmins.

You can bring the lobster! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Maybe some of those big Fundy ones from Alma (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)
+Quote Post
davep
post Aug 11 2009, 06:12 PM
Post #26

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244

I'm certainly considering coming. I have about six or so old boxes. Any idea as to how long it takes to go through one? What about prep work on them before I load up the van? Clean, drain of course. What about flushing (Solvent?). Loosen back cover. I'll have to dig into my stash and see what spare parts I have. A bunch of paper gaskets I think. What special tools? I think I can grab a micrometer. If nothing else, this will be a good practice session with supervision.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Aug 11 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #27

that's what I do!

3 confirmed at this point. We need to start thinking dates. Doc doesn't want to be driving in the snow so I'd say before early November. Plus he has other gigs.

Mike G
Dave P
Mark H

I'll need someone to bring a BBQ, I have an indoor grill but it's small.
+Quote Post
Ian Stott
post Aug 11 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 8,635

Ya know the lobster idea could make for a nice touch, How do you know about the ones from Alma? My post about a good friend looking for a Ghia is actually from Alma, small world eh! Dieppe is a little farther away from Ontario than me, I live very close to Magnetic Hill could actually hear AC/DC playing Thunderstruck last Thursday when they were here rocking the Maritimes.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
+Quote Post
MDG
post Aug 11 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #29

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Firstly, Mark - I assume the Mike G you have listed is Galloway? As long as the dates work, this Mike G is there too.

Ian, my wife is from Moncton and her family is still there; Dieppe, Riverview and her sister is mayor of Hillsborough. Always Alma for lobster and sticky buns.

m.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 11 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(davep @ Aug 11 2009, 08:12 PM) *

I'm certainly considering coming. I have about six or so old boxes. Any idea as to how long it takes to go through one? What about prep work on them before I load up the van? Clean, drain of course. What about flushing (Solvent?). Loosen back cover. I'll have to dig into my stash and see what spare parts I have. A bunch of paper gaskets I think. What special tools? I think I can grab a micrometer. If nothing else, this will be a good practice session with supervision.

LOBSTER! I will definitely show up for that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

The date is either the last weekend in Sept or the 1st in Oct. Pick it and stick it.

Dave,
Pulling the stack is a good idea for seeing what you may need, but with 6 boxes you should have ample parts. You may need a 1st slider, thats about it. Dont runs solvent through the box. DO drain the boxes.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Aug 11 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #31

that's what I do!

The last weekend in September! Wife home, no kids to worry about!

We have the minimum and I bet Ian makes it

Mike G
Mike Garrett
Dave P
Mark H

How many Mike's can we have in one room?
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 11 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #32

I'm a Mike, too, eh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Aug 12 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #33

that's what I do!

Hey Mike do ya own a toqué (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 12 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #34

Sure do, eh. Hows about a 2-4 of Labatt's, eh?
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 14 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #35

It figures that my passport expired in May (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) I am buying a new one. When I originally got my passport I didnt need it to go to CA. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
MDG
post Aug 15 2009, 06:52 AM
Post #36

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

I think the passport requirement for the CanAm border just kicked in this past January, or maybe last. It's a Homeland Security initiative - they took over border security after 9/11

PITA. The hundreds of times I've zipped back and forth across the border, but it's the world we live in these days I suppose. The old 'better to be safe than sorry' is the mantra of the times.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Aug 15 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #37

that's what I do!

Don't worry... be happy... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ....we're the trashy neighbor's that need ID to get in.

USA Citizens Traveling to Canada
Citizens of the United States do not need a passport or visa to enter Canada, unless they are arriving in Canada from somewhere other than the USA. They do need to have on them proof of citizenship plus photo identification, although this is not often asked for. More information for U.S. citizens crossing into Canada can be found on the Consular Information Sheet for Canada at the web site of the Bureau of Consular Affairs, of the U.S. Department of State.

Americans in particular will need to be aware that Canada has strict gun laws. Generally, all weapons without legitimate sporting or recreational use are prohibited, and guns used for hunting or competition may be brought in with a permit. (Contact below). Undeclared firearms will be confiscated, and criminal charges may be made.

For more information about going into Canada, phone the border-crossing post directly. For answers to Canadian customs enquiries, or to locate the nearest Canadian customs district office, call the following telephone numbers: From within Canada, call: (toll-free) 1-800 461-9999. From outside Canada, call: 204-983-3500; or, 506-636-5064 (long-distance charges apply).

This page, where the quote comes from, has all the links you need: http://www.gonorthwest.com/Visitor/plannin...rder/border.htm
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 15 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #38

Then why do they have the passport ID for use from CA, MEX, and the Caribbean? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
tod914
post Aug 15 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

Mike, you need to make a Dr. Evil world tour concert trans clinic t-shirt. And maybe a couple of I survived a Dr. Evil's clinic shirt too.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Aug 15 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #40

that's what I do!

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 15 2009, 07:18 PM) *

Then why do they have the passport ID for use from CA, MEX, and the Caribbean? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Caribbean and Canada is an international flight, you need a passport. Mexico and US has illegal alien issues.

Canada and the US border issues... well we would have to take that over to the club or bird off-topic area, political crap, 9-11, the loss of your rights, your government telling us what to do, etc...

Canada wants your tourist dollars, if your driving, walking, on a ferry and you have valid US picture ID, then come on in! No passport required!
When you get to the border coming here you don't even go into US customs, only on the way back.
US border is not going to deny any citizen, with valid US picture ID, re-entry into the US at the Canadian border.

Canadians now need a passport to go to the USA....but we don't need one to go to Cuba (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:35 PM