Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dr.Evil's tranny clinic in CANADA, Possible BBQ and small show and shine
Mark Henry
post Aug 7 2009, 08:54 AM
Post #1

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

If you need a transmission rebuilt now is the time! Mike (Dr. Evil) and I are planning a short notice tranny clinic in Ontario Canada.

Date and details has not yet been set so start thinking! It will be short notice, as in real soon!
We have 4 transmissions already so things are looking good!

Go to Mike's vendor thread and look at the prices and details, For us Canadians the price is a steal and did I mention he will do it at PAR!
The USD price is what you pay in Loonies!
Shipping to the USA would be the price of labour! Or more!
If you can't be here I will P/U from greyhound which is the cheapest way to ship something this size

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=56892

If you guy's want I'll revive the Por'Volks Festival for a small 914 only show and shine and BYO BBQ (I might need some help for this) while Mike is here.

This is a one time deal.
Mike is a real Doctor now and he's going to retire from transmissions very soon.
You snooze you lose.

Start digging those dusty cores out!

BTW I'm away for the weekend, I hope to see some Canadian peeps chimming in on this when I get back!

Cheers Mark
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(40 - 59)
Dr Evil
post Aug 16 2009, 01:46 AM
Post #41

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

ALL PERSONS traveling by land and sea outside of the United States are required to present a passport book/card, or other valid travel documents to enter or re-enter the United States.

The following summarizes information available on the Department of Homeland Security’s website:

* Effective June 1, 2009, all U.S. citizens are now required to present a passport book, passport card, or WHTI-compliant document when entering the United States.
Please Note: Children under age 16 will be able to continue crossing land and sea borders using only a U.S. birth certificate (or other form of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate.). The original birth certificate or a copy may be used. See the Department of Homeland Security's Ready, Set.. Go! for more information on the changing travel requirements.

Found here:
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

Fucking Canuks are trying to get me stranded in the great white North! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 16 2009, 01:58 AM
Post #42

Clear as mud. What the hell is an "enhanced state ID?"

On June 1, 2009 all U.S. and Canadian citizens who are 16 and older traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), will be required to present a valid passport, passport card, Frequent Traveler card (NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST), Enhanced Driver's License (for residents in states that issue them) or Military ID with travel orders (see below). U.S. and Canadian citizens who are 15 years old or younger may travel with just a copy of their birth certificate, as may teens between the ages of 16-18 if they are part of an adult supervised school, religious, cultural or athletic group.

From the US folks.
+Quote Post
swl
post Aug 16 2009, 06:43 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 4,550

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 15 2009, 11:46 PM) *

Fucking Canuks are trying to get me stranded in the great white North! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Can't blame us for trying! There's a doctor shortage up here ya know. And a Doc that can do surgery on a transmission - priceless!
+Quote Post
davep
post Aug 16 2009, 07:25 AM
Post #44

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244

On the border issue, it is the USA that requires the passport to get into, or to fly over. You might need a passport to get to Cuba if the flight takes you over US territory. The Canadian border guard may want to see a US passport so that they know you are able to return to the US without hassle.

If we are unable to find Tectyl in Canada, can you bring some up? What about Schnorr washers; I could do with 40. Perhaps some drilled bolts as well as some CV gaskets.

I was cleaning up a tranny yesterday that was traded to me. Looked like a junkyard part: the shift rod and both axle shafts were cut with a torch. One Schnorr washer was missing, and no CV gaskets. The TO bearing fork had homemade brass bushings for the bearing, and the ball cup was worn through. The clamp plate for the ball was pretty knackered, probably because the ball cup allowed too much play. The reverse switch was gutted. The shift ball cup had no sides, and the rod bushing in the console was missing (sideshift). I didn't like the look of the input shaft seal either.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Aug 16 2009, 08:42 AM
Post #45

that's what I do!

QUOTE(davep @ Aug 16 2009, 09:25 AM) *

On the border issue, it is the USA that requires the passport to get into, or to fly over. You might need a passport to get to Cuba if the flight takes you over US territory. The Canadian border guard may want to see a US passport so that they know you are able to return to the US without hassle.

Dave, Cuba wants our tourist dollars, they were advertising on the radio last winter trips to Cuba no passport required. US turns a blind eye at international "fly over" flights.
If US customs denyed a US citizen with photo ID entry at the (any) US border it would face a shit storm.
Check out some of the links in the site I listed and phone US and Canadian customs or even ask AAA if you have it..

Now it may not go so well (at the border) if you just smoked a big fatty and are sitting on a bale of Canadian mother nature (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 16 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #46

QUOTE(davep @ Aug 16 2009, 09:25 AM) *

If we are unable to find Tectyl in Canada, can you bring some up? What about Schnorr washers; I could do with 40. Perhaps some drilled bolts as well as some CV gaskets.

I was cleaning up a tranny yesterday that was traded to me. Looked like a junkyard part: the shift rod and both axle shafts were cut with a torch. One Schnorr washer was missing, and no CV gaskets. The TO bearing fork had homemade brass bushings for the bearing, and the ball cup was worn through. The clamp plate for the ball was pretty knackered, probably because the ball cup allowed too much play. The reverse switch was gutted. The shift ball cup had no sides, and the rod bushing in the console was missing (sideshift). I didn't like the look of the input shaft seal either.

Dave,
Let me know exactly what you need and I can order/make it. I need time so let me know soon.
+Quote Post
bernbomb914
post Aug 17 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #47

one of the oldest Farts on this board

Member No.: 36

DR. Evil
are you coming to so cal? I have a large garage with lots of bench space. I live in Temecula which is not far from everywhere. If this has been covered sorry
Bernbomb914
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 17 2009, 01:27 PM
Post #48

Bernie, I am going to be in the LA area at Leamon's garage on Sept 19-20. There is a thread on it.

Canadians, we need to pin down the date by Wed and I need people to start sending me the $$$ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

If you are for sure going to be a builder then PM me and I will get you my address. I am so fricken jazzed! I just had my passport pics taken and am sending in the app today.
+Quote Post
wobbletop
post Aug 17 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 7,335

Last weekend in September is better for me, but I'll just be watching.

+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 17 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #50

Alright, my passport app is in the mail. So far, $92.50 US spent (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
But, the Northern Invasion is eminent!
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Aug 21 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #51

that's what I do!

I've sent this email to the 8 on this thread who said they might be in:

I've been a bit busy and almost forgot about the good doctor's Canada clinic.

Is the last weekend in September, Saturday 26th, good for you and are you in?
Fee is $300 Canadian, plus if you have to buy any parts from the doc.

We can have the clinic here at my house, camping allowed or at Mike's914 (Mike Galloway) in Colbourne, ON. Mike's914 might have some core parts (cash of course).

I imagine we start early and work late so bring something for potluck and some may BYOB (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Please confirm with me by the 1st of September, 2009.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

If the good doctor is watching is everything OK with this mailing? How do you want your money? In beer and lobster (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 21 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #52

Yup, that is fine. I take check or MO in US funds (convert $300 loonies to green backs, I dont want any of that weird monopoly money of yours (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ). PM me for shipping address and parts needs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 25 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #53

Sooooooo, I have heard nothing from you great white northerners. What gives? And, what dates am I coming up? If you want me to bring parts you best spean up so I can get them in time to smuggle them up to you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 29 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #54

My passport card showed up today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Did I spend $80 + shipping for nothing??? C'mon canuks! Sound off.
+Quote Post
MDG
post Aug 29 2009, 01:39 PM
Post #55

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018
Region Association: None

Well unfortunately for me work calls and I'll be in Europe for the last two weeks of September. Until Wednesday it looked like the trip was going to be bumped until November so I was holding out some hope. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Sorry I can't make it; I was looking forward to meeting the Doctor!!
+Quote Post
davep
post Aug 30 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #56

914 Historian

I've been working hard to be ready, but it seems another very important event is scheduled for Sept 26. Is there a chance of moving the date one more week into October??
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 30 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #57

If everyone is cool with it, I can move it to the first weekend in Oct. It makes not difference to me so coordinate and see what happens (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Mark has links to most participants, particularly ones not posting here so you may want to contact him.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Sep 1 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #58

that's what I do!

Sorry I've been quite busy...
The October 3rd date works better for Mike914 and Dave P
My wife's working and I would have to arrange babysitting, but no big deal....mommy can you do me a favor???

SWL said he is in, but I need to tell him about the new date.

Mike still had not called big Frank and Yarko (911 guys), so I'm going to kick his butt daily till he does.

I want to try and nail the date down by the end of the week, so the doc knows whats up and we can arrange to send him some funds.

+Quote Post
swl
post Sep 1 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 4,550

I'm good with the 3rd.
+Quote Post
davep
post Sep 1 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #60

914 Historian

That sounds promising. Are we going to have any other thing on the the go that weekend? I'm thinking I might come up on Friday night and leave Sunday if we work late on the tranny's.
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 06:47 PM