Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Question about this bushing underneath the shifter, trying to figure this out so I can get the best shifting possible
turboman808
post Aug 17 2009, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,505
Region Association: North East States

Ordering this kit from patrick motorsports. It's designed for the wevo gearbox but with just one or 2 cuts and welds it should work for my sideshift.

Anyways I pulled the shifter out of the car today. Underneath is some sort of retainer for the shift tube. Not sure what you call it but it really looks almost useless except to hold the shift rod somewhat in the general area of the shifter so it doesn't pop off.

My question is...

Wouldn't changing this or welding in a spherical bearing to limit movement greatly improve how the car shifts?

Jwest and Patrick Motorsports both make something like what I am describing for the firewall. Why not also for the bushing right below the shifter?

Doesn't the ball and cup on the shifter move up and down already so can't you lock this tube into a horizontal plane just how it is on the back. Seems that with the Jwest kit he went to great lengths to lock the rear tube in the transmission in this horizontal plane and take out any slop.

If you look at the patrick motorsports website and the wevo shifter there is a piece that looks like what I am describinh but again uses a plastic retainer with space for the rod to move.

http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/571/
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 08:48 PM