Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> new speakers, replacing your old front speakers-easy
post Mar 9 2004, 09:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 988

Picked up a new set of Pioneer 4x6 speakers to replace the...orgional's last night. The set I found was labeled for VW's (on sale this week at Best Buy) -specifically the golf from the 80's. Now I know these are a bit smaller than the origionals but they came with a mounting plate that allowed me to screw them into the origional speaker grill mounting points. Because they are a bit small, I had to use two diagonal screws instead of all 4, but it worked out fine. Also, I don't know if all speakers are like this but, the connectors on the back are identical to what the old orgional Blau-pt units had so the wires just snap right on. Anyway, the sound is really good! (still with the origional radio..I cant bring my self to change it..) BTW, the speakers were cheap-around $40.00.

-I'll post some pics shortly.

-Anyone know if I could hook up a CD changer to the origional radio?. I know that a lot of the changers run off an FM frequency, so aside from the fact that the sound wouldn't be quite as good as with a new unit, would this work?-IE, could I attach a cd changer to it and then just tune the fm to a set frequency and get it to work? I don't know what's involved in attaching the changer, but it seems like it may work?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 05:58 PM