Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fifth Annual All Air Cooled Gather, September 20, 2009, Flanders, New Jersey
dcheek
post Aug 20 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,103

it's that time of the year again!

The Central Jersey VW Society is having its fifth annual "All Air Cooled Gathering" in Flanders NJ on Sunday September 20th. As in the the past I'm inviting all 914 owners to show their pride and joy. Last year we had 215 cars (mostly VW's with the exception of a few 914's and 911's). The venue is really unique in that its held at a private German Social Club with a beautiful full grass soccer field (actually several fields) along with German food and beer on tap. Yes, I did say beer is being served at the "club house" bar. This is a charity event where a portion of the proceeds will help Operation Jersey Cares, an organization that provides support and care for current and past NJ Combat Veterans. There will also be some parts vendors (mostly VW) and prizes being raffled to raise money along with a live band for entertainment. Also this year "Dyno Don" from California will MC the event. For those that don't know, he is California's popular VW personality. Also, we just got word that the magazine "Hot VW's", also from California, is flying out to cover the event.

The award this year will be a limited edition signed and numbered poster that is being printed specifically for this event. No "Bowling Trophies" here.
We decided to do something unique to reward all the class winners. We are going 3 deep in each class. Since the Air Cooled Porsche turnout has been light in the past, we usually group all Porsches into one class. Yes, I know, it's not fair to put 356's with 911's with 914's but, we reserve the right to alter the classes depending on the total number of cars per class. Hey, want a separate class for 914's ? Then give me a reason - show up in big numbers!

Now before you get your Q-tips all fired up, I want to stress that this is real low key event with a very unstructured judging protocol (I'm the Porsche judge). We want this event to be fun for the whole family and consider it perfect for those who are looking for a nice day out, German beer and food and to help out with a good cause.

Here is the Website with directions, previous show pictures and listing of the day's events:

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com

Any questions you can e mail me personally at:

dmcdavey@aol.com

Hope to see you there!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Aug 22 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631
Region Association: North East States

You know i'll be there Dave. Can't wait!
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Aug 24 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Aug 22 2009, 08:05 AM) *

You know i'll be there Dave. Can't wait!

Looking forward to seeing all the work you did over the winter.

Dave
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Aug 25 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Sounds good Dave, I still have some work to do before the show! Will you be judging undercarriages? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/FERG.gif)
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Aug 25 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Aug 25 2009, 11:52 AM) *

Sounds good Dave, I still have some work to do before the show! Will you be judging undercarriages? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/FERG.gif)

We just take a peek underneath. Not to worry.

Dave
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Sep 12 2009, 05:35 AM
Post #6

Just one week before the event. Any other 914ers planning on attending?

Please chime in.

Dave
+Quote Post
celluloid3
post Sep 12 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 9,555
Region Association: None

I'll be there...
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Sep 12 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #8

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Since I could not make it to the ECC, I may try to make it to this. BUT I need to float it by the wife and make sure I don't have school work to do...

Zach
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Sep 15 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Zach, shouldnt you know if you have school work to do? I on the other hand do have school work to do and therefor cannot make it to this event this year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Sep 16 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #10

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

One of my classes just started this week. The other is 2 weeks in.

I am going to try and get free on Sunday and go. But the chances of actually getting free are slimmish.

Zach
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Sep 18 2009, 06:49 AM
Post #11

I just checked the weather report and it looks like Sunday is going to be clear and about 75 degrees. We are expecting a record turnout. Hope to see a record turnout of 914's too!

Dave
+Quote Post
tod914
post Sep 18 2009, 09:55 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

See you there Dave. I Earl Scheib'ed the silver car, it's now red. Which VW are you planning on taking? Try to twist Pat's arm into comming if you can (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Nov 23 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #13

I want to take this opportunity to thank all those 914 owners for showing up at the 2009 All Air Cooled Gathering. We had a total of 14 Porsches attend- a new record. Everything from 356's to late model 911's and of course a bunch of 914's. Not a bad Porsche turnout considering there were 2 competing Porsche Concours events in New Jersey that same day! It was a picture perfect day with a record turnout of 250 air cooled cars.

On Monday November 16th the Central Jersey VW Society presented the representatives from Jersey Cares a check for $6000 to help in their effort to support the troops via free "Care Packages" sent overseas. Our donation will cover roughly one third of their shipping costs for a whole year.

I am happy to report that Tod (tod914) came in third place with his "new" '73 2.0 Bahia Red 914. And that was his first time out with the car since he purchased it! I know next year he will be in contention for the top prize just by all the work he has put in since then.

Pictures of the event can be viewed on the Central Jersey VW Society Website:

www.cjvws.com

Just click on the "Event Pics" button.

Again, thanks for your support. Hope to see you next year!

Dave
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 01:16 AM