Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Power Antenna connections, a review please...
914zim
post Mar 9 2004, 01:04 PM
Post #1

Still pretty clueless...

Group: Members
Member No.: 962

Guys:
OK, I posted on this a while back and got some replies, and I tried to connect them like was suggested, but it didn't work. Maybe I connected them wrong, but I want to make sure I don't fry another part by just trying different connections. I think I need to describe what I have better to get the correct answer. Please bear with me...
I have 3 wires coming from my power antenna.
1 is the fat black antenna signal wire (I have this connected).
2 is a thin blue with white tracer.
3 is a thin blue with red tracer.
I assume the antenna is grounded where it's mounted to the car.
One of the thin wires brings the antenna up and the other brings it down.
It makes sense to me that the up wire should be connected to the keyed 12V, so it goes up when the key is turned. Then where does the down wire connect to? I think I remember someone suggesting the remote wire from the amp connecting to the up wire and then both to keyed 12V, but I'm not sure.
Can someone please tell me exactly how to connect this thing?
I bought a new amp and am planning on some quality 914 time tonight, so hopefully, I can stop bugging you guys about this and get to my clutch pedal issue...
Thanks!
Andy...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 06:20 PM